Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
What about customers who say, 'Can I get a....' If I was the shop assistant, I'd have to say, 'No you can't, that's my job. You stay right there and I'll get it for you.'

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The surly bloke in the local corner shop. A smile wouldn't go amiss you know, you feckin twonk. And I will never buy nything in your shop except fags and beer, as everything else is a ridiculous price. AND the half-hearted way you put your christmas lights in your shop window back in december screamed "I really couldn't give a monkeys, I just want your money, but I hate being here".

yello

I think it's these silly little things that make us adorably human. Well, that is until it leads to gunning down everyone inside a high street chain store.

Re things being in the wrong places, it's something that annoys my wife so I try and make efforts to get it right when putting dishes etc away. I've been making good progress... a few days back she chastised me for putting something away the wrong way around.

One of my own trivial hatreds (and I'm reminded of it by the photo upstream) is the use of 'call me'. You see it in films a fair bit. Two people meet, exchange greetings then one says 'sorry, must rush, late for a meeting, call me'. Sounds like a kiss off to me. I'll call you would be much nicer.

On the subject of films and farewells, ever noticed how many people on the phone (often in American films/tv) never say goodbye? They just hang-up. No 'bye, thank you, kiss my arse or anything.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Restaurants - “do you want sides” sides of f***** what !!!!! I suppose that came from the US of A
AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! That also boils my piss that does. The big supermarkets do it now so it's slipped under the radar and become part of our language. They have 'meal deals' where you can get two mains, two SIDES and a dessert for £10-£20. I hate that, me. And when they call them fries! No thanks, I want chips please. And on chat shows where the host suggests the subject should 'step up to the plate'!!!! I'd love to be in that exact position and ask the smug bar steward what this mythical 'plate' was and I'd bet he wouldn't know.

al78

Guru
At work, having to queue for trivial things. I can accept queuing for lunch, but when it extends to queuing for the fourth time to go to the toilet, queuing to make a cup of tea in the kitchen area, queuing for the shower because some f**kwit is taking >20 minutes in there, queuing to wash up my cup, queuing to get a glass of water, queuing to sign in for lunch because someone can't decide what they want, I wonder if everyone is getting paid to p*ss me off.

Oh, and on the subject of queuing, I find it annoying when I have to queue for like 10+ minutes to do something that takes 20 seconds.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I would have said shop assistants who continue to chat to their friend, whom they have just served, while scanning my items but otherwise ignoring me. Until this morning when one was so intent on the latest gossip that she gave me change for £3 from £20 when I had tendered £5.

yello

I would have said shop assistants who continue to chat to their friend, whom they have just served, while scanning my items but otherwise ignoring me.

Now I reckon I'd like that. I like it when cashiers chat to each other and are oblivious to me. It somehow seems more honest, natural and real.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
On the subject of films and farewells, ever noticed how many people on the phone (often in American films/tv) never say goodbye? They just hang-up. No 'bye, thank you, kiss my arse or anything.

I think the worst person for that is Sarah Lund in the Danish TV show The Killing - she always just hangs up, never a goodbye. Ever.

Top Bottom