Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Precisely, that is what happens when slow drivers get into the fast lane.

I t causes frustration particularly on a motorway, doing 50 in the outside lane and not moving over for faster vehicles is just ill mannered and crap driving. As for the nobheads who stick in the middle lane like a scalectric car utter boneheads.

400bhp

Guru
website restrictions at work:rolleyes:

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
This gesture...

12360343923tsduS.jpg

What the eff is wrong with her finger?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Those little stickers they put on fruit in supermarkets. Especially apples- they're a right pain to peel off each time and I'm sure I must have inadvertantly swallowed a few over the years. What is the point of putting stickers on every peice of f*****g fruit?! Grrrr.....

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I used to think it really funny to stick those on my nose. Sad thing is, I still do.

I often eat an apple on my way to work and it's a right pain peeling the things off while riding. I tend to stick them on my handlebars and end up with quite a collection by the end of the week. I might start trying the nose thing instead! ^_^

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Talking about checkout tills etiquette, I knew it was coming but thought it was too ridiculous for words anyway. A phone call home on my way back from work indicated we had nothing in to eat so I said I'd get a pizza. I ran into the local Tescos and bought a big, family-sized pizza and dashed to the till. The check-out people must be on auto-pilot and must be programmed to repeat their till-mantra and forbidden to use common sense. 'Would you like help with your packing?' It was ONE item. ONE!!!

I often when in a beligerent mood, like to say I will pack it myself thankyou just to see if they still ask and they often do. I asked for a bacon bagel at mcdonalds and was asked if I wanted bacon with that?. It can cause a little amusement to say no fries no drink a normal size bigmac please, just to hear them go through options after whilst grimacing a bit because the manager is near by and they have too.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Those little stickers they put on fruit in supermarkets. Especially apples- they're a right pain to peel off each time and I'm sure I must have inadvertantly swallowed a few over the years. What is the point of putting stickers on every peice of f*****g fruit?! Grrrr.....
My youngest son thought it was the funniest thing in the world to decorate the inside of his bedroom door with these things. He must have ate an orchard-full of them because it got to the point there was no door to be seen, just stickers.

Arch

Married to Night Train
People, like the chap who was just on Countryfile, who say "one of the only" when they mean one of a few. Only means one, so you can't be only one of it!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
'Train' instead of 'locomotive', 'Train Station' instead of railway station.
...... the overuse of the word 'issue', the overuse/misuse of the word 'around' (as in 'issues around', instead of 'problems about') ........ 'the overuse of the word 'significant' in respect of heavy snowfall/rainfall issues ..........

Top Bottom