Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1) Our firm seems to get one or two "do you want to claim compo for the personal loan which you took out in the past" calls every day. And since I am one of the ones who takes most of the calls coming in, most of them come through to me.....

2) Sales people calling up and starting off with "Hello and how are you today?" They don't really give a f**k about how I am feeling, and anyway how should I be feeling, given that my Mum passed away a week ago.

And relax............

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Trying to find the end of the sellotape. Luckily it only happens at Christmas.

Onthedrops

Veteran
That knob off the "Go Compare" ads. At least they're sorting him now.

Ads at the start of You Tube clips. Generally only 30 seconds but seem to go on for ages!

The vilification across the decades of the character Rumplestiltskin.

The girl's father is full of avarice and social ambition, the King is a borderline psychopath and also has issues over material possessions.

Rumplestiltskin just wants to help and asks a fair price, agreed in advance.

He even makes it easy for the Queen to guess his name... Who else in a similar situation would dance (alone!) around a campfire singing "The Queen will never guess my name is Rumplestiltskin"?

And he'd given her that "Guess my name" get-out when he didn't have to... And when he lost he just left them to it...

A genuine guy who did a great deal to help and ultimately did so for nothing.

That so-called 'trivial thing' makes me crosser than even Stalin's purge of the officer class or people making sucky noises on straws...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
When the phone falls off the receiver, then you put it back, then it does it again. I'll feckin show it, I'll go all GOODFELLAS on it arse, the bloodyfeckinthing!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People who wash up razor sharp kitchen knives and then store them with the blades sticking out of the container on the draining board. It seems that everybody I know does it and I think it is stupid and bloody dangerous! :cursing:

There are two ways to store a knife in such a container:
  1. Handle sticking out - it's safe, and the thing you want to get hold off is there in front of you.
  2. Blade sticking out - it's NOT safe, and the thing you do NOT want to get hold off is sticking out at you. This has become a very sore point recently (forgive the pun!) because I am dosed to the gills with Warfarin and will bleed like a very leaky thing if I get a bad cut! I went to get a mug off a friend's draining board and failed to see a knife blade which happened to be pointing straight at me so there was hardly anything to see. The knife blade put a shallow scratch right across the back of my hand, but by some miracle failed to cut it. I got a major strop on about it, especially when I was told to watch where I was putting my hands! :wacko:

Top Bottom