Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Maybe done this before :laugh:
Slow people, especially at the tills. I waited, 3rd in line, a guy is packing his shopping....slowly.:whistle:
The till op tells him how much....the guy starts feeling in his pockets for his wallet, pulls it out, starts fingering through the pockets, slowly separates two twenties, puts his wallet down, hands the till OP the cash, etc etc.
Once hes got his change, he seems to take forever to gather his bags...and ambles off.

I've noticed elderly people doing that. It might be the only social contact they have all week. They could be trying to make it last.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I took this photo' at 14.41 yesterday. I find this 'back in x amount of minutes' stuff very annoying as in my opinion they should say what time they'll be back. Anyway,i gave them the benefit of the doubt and went elsewhere,then returned approximately 25 minutes after seeing the sign/note,only to see the note had been taken off the door and chucked on the floor in the still locked up shop!🧐

1616873589538.png

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
YES - this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tesco may be slightly better - they don;t do the "per 200g" stuff - but having e.g. sprouts labelled with price per kg - but 'peeled sprouts' have the price per 100g
OK - I can do simple sums and divide/multiply by 10 (knew a science degree would come in handy at some point!!) but WHY FFS WHY!!!

Come now, you must see the commercial logic?

If you make it easy to see that a 1 kg bag of onions cost more per g than 1kg of loose onions, folks will not buy the bags - remember rapid basic mental arithmetic is beyond a depressingly large proportion of people.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yeah - they are getting everywhere...

@oldwheels thinks he has problems with wealthy English settlers... Just wait until he gets blitzed by woolly South American ones with long necks! I spotted these incomers on a ride to Waddington a few years ago...

View attachment 575419

:smile:
Waddington was selected for an experiment in 1990. It was chosen to gauge the TV viewing habits of the locals if they were given access to multi-channel television. The town/village was equipped with all the necessary receivers at the time to allow residents to watch many more tv channels than we're available anywhere else in the UK at that time.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's a fellow in the local park who annoys me immensely! Two things stand out. Number one. When my dog is having a number 2 he has to say "Yer dog's 'avin' a crap'. I think to myself 'yes i know you cupid stunt,i don't need you to fecking well tell me'!🧐 He never fails to say it! Number two. He's a teetotaler and boy don't we know it! You know when you get those evangelical atheists who never pass up on an opportunity to tell you they don't believe in god? Well he's the same with his 'faith'. Whenever the subject of pubs opening up again after lockdown he always has to tell us "Well,i'm teetotal so it doesn't affect me. In fact they could all shut permanently as far as i'm concerned". My thoughts when he says this are 'Ok,you cupid stunt,you might not drink alcohol,but many millions do and not only that,but peoples jobs and livelihoods are in jeopardy'. I don't gamble or have my nails manicured,but i wouldn't want all betting shops and nail bars to close permanently. Yes,this chap is annoying me beyond belief.It's now gone beyond the trivial stage! 🧐

mustang1

Legendary Member
Drivers who do not know how to use a mini roundabout correctly. For example, if someone is coming on the main road, that does not give them the priority to keep going when someone from the minor road has entered the roundabout.

The give way signs are there for the driver to give way, and at that point there shod be no main or minor roads considered.

classic33

Leg End Member
Drivers who do not know how to use a mini roundabout correctly. For example, if someone is coming on the main road, that does not give them the priority to keep going when someone from the minor road has entered the roundabout.

The give way signs are there for the driver to give way, and at that point there shod be no main or minor roads considered.
Drivers who go round such roundabouts the wrong way in order to save having to travel an extra 30 foot and to hell with anyone to their immediate right.

gbb

Legendary Member
Best hope your mum, dad, brother, sister, friend, colleague, whichever, dont get seriously I'll with it then eh ?

Another stupid stupid worker at our place who thinks covid is a lie, a fabrication, it's really all a load of tosh. What IS it that makes so many, usually the younger ones, think this is all a joke.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just been outside putting some recyling stuff out and seen a woman stop the traffic so she could cross on the zebra crossing outside my flat. Now if it was daytime when the traffic is almost constant i could understand it,but there's only a few cars at this time of night. As one of them was approaching she put her foot on the crossing and the car stopped for her. Now if that'd been me i would've let that car go and just crossed when their weren't any vehicles about. In short silly cow stopped the traffic when she didn't have to.:headshake:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Now if that'd been me i would've let that car go and just crossed when their weren't any vehicles about. In short silly cow stopped the traffic when she didn't have to.:headshake:
So, what you are saying is that...
  • The driver has more right to use the road than the pedestrian does
  • The driver's time is more important than the pedestrian's
Having said that, I would probably have let the car through first too; mainly because I wouldn't trust the driver to stop!

Top Bottom