Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm wearing new work socks, today.
I know that when I take them off, tonight, I will have bits of black fluff between my toes that will then be transferred to the carpet!
I have 10 pairs to 'break in' by wearing them several times to de-fluff them..
It could take a while! :angry:

classic33

Leg End Member
Maybe because if they moved slightly slower there’s a theoretical danger that one might lean back and fall?
They should start out moving at the same speed as each other. However the handrail is made out of a flexible material, so stretches over time causing it's length to increase, thereby slowing the perceived speed.

To compensate for this increase in handrail length, the rollers which drive the handrail speed up. Causing further stretching, and thinning of the belt. At points(That sharp snatch you may sometimes feel from the handrail is a result of this thinning/stretching) a piece that hasn't thinned as much has just gone through the rollers, now running at speed for a thinner handrail, causing the "snatch".

The average life of a handrail on an escalator is just ten years

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
They should start out moving at the same speed as each other. However the handrail is made out of a flexible material, so stretches over time causing it's length to increase, thereby slowing the perceived speed.

To compensate for this increase in handrail length, the rollers which drive the handrail speed up. Causing further stretching, and thinning of the belt. At points(That sharp snatch you may sometimes feel from the handrail is a result of this thinning/stretching) a piece that hasn't thinned as much has just gone through the rollers, now running at speed for a thinner handrail, causing the "snatch".

The average life of a handrail on an escalator is just ten years
I also don't think that it helps that the cleaning lady at Tesco's stands at the top with, a wipey cloth, squirting antibac on it whilst the belt does a complete loop or two..

That's gonna stretch it, for sure!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i got to the top of the small park up the road this aft' i noticed that someone had left the gate open. Come on! it's not that difficult to close/shut it,but some seem incapable of doing so!! :headshake:

1616180893574.png

Attachments

• 1616180904084.png
    1616180904084.png
    391.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: gbb

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Another trivial annoyance is dogs clothing with words like 'WOOF' and images of bones on. The manufacturers spoil nice doggie jumpers like my mutt tried on today,with silly assumptions that a dog's life revolves around 'woofing' and eating bones!🧐

1616284444617.png

The jumper was too small by the way.:okay:

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Maybe done this before :laugh:
Slow people, especially at the tills. I waited, 3rd in line, a guy is packing his shopping....slowly.:whistle:
The till op tells him how much....the guy starts feeling in his pockets for his wallet, pulls it out, starts fingering through the pockets, slowly separates two twenties, puts his wallet down, hands the till OP the cash, etc etc.
Once hes got his change, he seems to take forever to gather his bags...and ambles off.

I dont know why, I find this extremely irritating inside. I'm stood there watching and thinking...
Jeez, c'mon mate.
Jeez, is he doing that deliberately ?
Really ?
FFS, you dont even know which pocket your wallet is in.
Really ?
C'mon mate, fark off so we can get on will ya ?

The irony is, he wasnt extraordinarily slow, just much slower than me, I'm a get it done, get on person, economy of effort and streamline myself, orderly, prompt. It's me that's the problem, i know...:laugh: I'm very impatient.

gbb

Legendary Member
I got a H&S meeting Friday, I dont generally mind them but it winds me up when people go off topic or repeat what's already been discussed....or ramble.
FFS, keep it concise , some of us have better things to do.:angry:

Top Bottom