Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find the sign offensive: Not because of the content, but the inappropriate use of the colon.
Perhaps that's what his neighbours complained about? :whistle:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I know it well! It's a source of much local amusement. About 10-15 minutes walk from my house. We often walk up the lane from the canal. Lots of good stories. How long have you got?

The farm is located down on a short tarmacced lane which also leads to 3-4 cottages below the farm. As far as I know none of those properties have changed hands in recent years but I could well be wrong.

So, the farmer has four pigs. Yep. They live in a pen as close as possible to the boundary with the cottages. Can't remember seeing the pigs last time we wandered by. The geese have been moved to the opposite side of the lane again up against the boundary. The same field now contains quite a collection of the sort of things one sees scattered around farms. Unusual to see them all in one spot. 🤔

I used to know some people who lived - and had grown up - in Valley on Anglesey
Famous for RAF Valley - the main RAF fast jet training base and the busiest RAF station

Apparently the base, local paper and local counsellor were always receiving complaints about the aircraft noise - always from people who moved there in the last few years!
Bit like buying a house on a main road then campaigning for the road to be closed!

I know it well! It's a source of much local amusement. About 10-15 minutes walk from my house. We often walk up the lane from the canal. Lots of good stories. How long have you got?

The farm is located down on a short tarmacced lane which also leads to 3-4 cottages below the farm. As far as I know none of those properties have changed hands in recent years but I could well be wrong.

So, the farmer has four pigs. Yep. They live in a pen as close as possible to the boundary with the cottages. Can't remember seeing the pigs last time we wandered by. The geese have been moved to the opposite side of the lane again up against the boundary. The same field now contains quite a collection of the sort of things one sees scattered around farms. Unusual to see them all in one spot. 🤔
Nothing escapes the cchat intelligence network.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nothing escapes the cchat intelligence network.
I just checked the planning application for the farmer's proposed expanded stables. Sure enough, the council rejected it on the grounds that it would be an inappropriate development in a green belt area.

That is - it would not be appropriate for a farmer to develop farm buildings on a farm. I don't know how big the planned stables were, but it certainly doesn't sound inappropriate to want to do it!

I just checked the planning application for the farmer's proposed expanded stables. Sure enough, the council rejected it on the grounds that it would be an inappropriate development in a green belt area.

That is - it would not be appropriate for a farmer to develop farm buildings on a farm. I don't know how big the planned stables were, but it certainly doesn't sound inappropriate to want to do it!
What are his pigs called?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
What are his pigs called?
You'll have to ask his dad...

(Or @PaulSB!)

Haven't seen them for ages but then I may have wandered by without noticing but I think they were Vietnamese pot bellied. I only ever said hello when passing, never got to know them well.

Another house not far away has a field full of Alpacas - they're very popular locally. Nasty spitting habit though.

The local deer farm gets quite a lot of attention though once very unwanted attention when someone let all the deer out.

We've got a farm for just about anything round here!!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I find it rude when folk press the stop button, then if the road is clear before the lights turn to red they cross. Leaving the lights to turn to red when they've crossed the road. If you press the stop button you should then have the courtesy to wait till that green man appears before crossing the road.🧐

Or how about drivers see someone is waiting to cross. So the drivers stop and let them cross regardless of the light setting. It’s too car centric. We should prioritise the pedestrians. Not make them wait like some serf.

Top Bottom