Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's annoying when I push my apple corer through an apple and it doesn't pop out the other side centrally meaning that I have to do a 2nd cut, from t'other end, to remove the missed bit of core.

SydZ

Über Member
Noisy eaters really annoy me. There’s one bloke I work I got to leave the room for before I lose it with him.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Noisy eaters really annoy me. There’s one bloke I work I got to leave the room for before I lose it with him.
There was one of those in the same office as me, and another colleague who was very tuned in to the fact that the noisy eater ate with his mouth open. I asked what the problem was and mister angry explained it. I had never even noticed the noise, but once it had been pointed out to me, I found it annoying too! :laugh:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
There was one of those in the same office as me, and another colleague who was very tuned in to the fact that the noisy eater ate with his mouth open. I asked what the problem was and mister angry explained it. I had never even noticed the noise, but once it had been pointed out to me, I found it annoying too! :laugh:
I have the same issue with Mrs Sterlo, she's a chomper, always eats with her mouth open and it's caused numerous arguments over the years.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
When I occasionally catch the bus, a number of issues annoy me.

Individuals who sit at the back with music playing through their smartphones. Utter selfishness.

A full bus, and no one gives up their seat for a pensioner or someone who clearly has issues standing for any length of time.

Chancers who get on the bus without a valid bus pass, the bus driver notices and refuses to allow them on, and they still argue the toss with the driver.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully

I feel your pain. I suffer with Misophonia and cannot even stand the sound of myself eating, let alone anyone else. I have to have background music or noise to drown it out.

Having to work near "she who eats crisps on the outside of her head" doesn't help.

It's not just the sound of eating either - Whistling whilst breathing through their nose, constantly clicking pens and even the sound of plastic wrappers being crumpled. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When I occasionally catch the bus, a number of issues annoy me.

Individuals who sit at the back with music playing through their smartphones. Utter selfishness.

A full bus, and no one gives up their seat for a pensioner or someone who clearly has issues standing for any length of time.

Chancers who get on the bus without a valid bus pass, the bus driver notices and refuses to allow them on, and they still argue the toss with the driver.
A long time ago when I was about age 10 I gave up my seat for a woman with shopping. Conductress appeared and ordered me off as there were too many standing. The woman sat there and would let this happen. The other passengers were outraged and came to my defence and she was evicted.

PeteXXX

A long time ago when I was about age 10 I gave up my seat for a woman with shopping. Conductress appeared and ordered me off as there were too many standing. The woman sat there and would let this happen. The other passengers were outraged and came to my defence and she was evicted.
Similar, but totally different, I was just about to pop my bank card into an ATM when a nurse ran over from her car saying that she was late for her shift. Being a gentleman, I allowed her to go first.
Copious thanks and off she trotted. I put my card in and discovered that it'd run out of money!!

That's it thought I, no more Mr Nice guy!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

When will the women in this house cease to regard my biros as a foodstuff? :angry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I feel your pain. I suffer with Misophonia and cannot even stand the sound of myself eating, let alone anyone else. I have to have background music or noise to drown it out.
I never knew that had a name! My day is now complete. Thank you @Threevok
I didn't know its name either.

I think that my niece must suffer from it. The family were gathered for Christmas dinner a few years back and she put an awful CD of Christmas pop songs on just before we were about to sit down to eat. I turned it off and she got really stroppy. I said that I couldn't hear what people were saying with the music blaring out at us. Her reply... "YEAH, BUT ALL I CAN BLOODY HEAR IS EVERYBODY EATING!!!!!!!"

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I hate people who write a useless review for a product that they haven't used.

I'm looking on Amazon at a couple of items and they both have a few reviews that go something like this:
(Board game, reviewed in 2021): "I haven't opened it yet as it's a present, but I'm looking forward to playing it with the family".
So why not review it after you've played it you doughnut, then you might actually know rather than be guessing.

(Incense burner, reviewed in 2020): "I hope it smells nice and works, but I've not opened it as it's a present for my sister".
Don't review it then you muppet, you've wasted your time and mine.

PeteXXX

I hate people who write a useless review for a product that they haven't used.

I'm looking on Amazon at a couple of items and they both have a few reviews that go something like this:
(Board game, reviewed in 2021): "I haven't opened it yet as it's a present, but I'm looking forward to playing it with the family".
So why not review it after you've played it you doughnut, then you might actually know rather than be guessing.

(Incense burner, reviewed in 2020): "I hope it smells nice and works, but I've not opened it as it's a present for my sister".
Don't review it then you muppet, you've wasted your time and mine.
Or someone answers a 'Can you tell me if....' question with "No, but someone else might"

Top Bottom