Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To do what though?
Exist...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Especially bad if they have one of those stupidly loud exhausts

like the son next door has - he has moved out now - but for over a year he would start the damn thing at 6:15 every weekday morning
Why do we have to tolerate these illegal decibels?! We have it here all day and night long and from what I hear it's a nationwide problem. Walking up the high street in my town the other week one d..khead's exhaust banged and popped so loud that my ears were ringing after. I live 15 yards from a 30mph main road. All night and much of the day these d..kheads are doing 50mph with banging and popping exhausts causing intolerable noise pollution.

Imagining that I'm firing an RPG at them kind of eases the frustration.;)

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Why do we have to tolerate these illegal decibels?! We have it here all day and night long and from what I hear it's a nationwide problem. Walking up the high street in my town the other week one d..khead's exhaust banged and popped so loud that my ears were ringing after. I live 15 yards from a 30mph main road. All night and much of the day these d..kheads are doing 50mph with banging and popping exhausts causing intolerable noise pollution.

Imagining that I'm firing an RPG at them kind of eases the frustration.;)

Don't know if it still goes on but in Aberdeen the police tolerated the fancy cars and boy racers on a very limited stretch of street and only within certain time limits. Gave them an outlet and stopped them bothering people at random times and places.

Don't know if it still goes on but in Aberdeen the police tolerated the fancy cars and boy racers on a very limited stretch of street and only within certain time limits. Gave them an outlet and stopped them bothering people at random times and places.

A good way to teach the racers that they can be accepted if they keep to certain limits: a very sensible solution all round.

The problem with some of them is that they are ALWAYS loud - they can be VERY loud if the driver revs them but even if he (it always seems to be a he) tries to drive out of the road as quietly as possible then it is still noisy
The lad next door used to try to start and them drive out to the main road on the lowest revs possible - but I still heard him every day - even through the double glazing!

I did see a car on Wheeler Dealers a while ago whihc came with a switch which could change the direction of the exhaust down a quiet or noisy route
but 'the lads' don;t seem to want to spend the extra money on that

The problem with some of them is that they are ALWAYS loud - they can be VERY loud if the driver revs them but even if he (it always seems to be a he) tries to drive out of the road as quietly as possible then it is still noisy
The lad next door used to try to start and them drive out to the main road on the lowest revs possible - but I still heard him every day - even through the double glazing!

I did see a car on Wheeler Dealers a while ago whihc came with a switch which could change the direction of the exhaust down a quiet or noisy route
but 'the lads' don;t seem to want to spend the extra money on that

The big AMG Mercs come with such a switch, but tend to revert to nouse on startup. Nloody ridiculous racket. Only delivered 2 of these, madman machines. Drove Exeter to St Helens in one, and kept the insanity under control by using cruise control and a crazy need for fuel economy - in a 5.5L twin-turbo V8. Managed a squidge under 30mpg, and kept it quiet.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While out yesterday I felt a sudden wet experience on my right buttock. I felt my pants at the back to find them soaking wet. I had an almost full cyclist water bottle in my shoulder bag (for my dog's sake). I'd accidentally left the push down top open after giving him a drink.:ohmy: I had to walk around for a few hours with a soaking backside, wondering if folk spotted it and wondered why. Thankfully I was wet on the back, not the front. ;)

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So, folk probably thought that you had the runs rather than the dribbles...? :whistle:

:laugh:

Yes, there was that to consider.:okay: The bag the bottle leaked into is quite big so I had to keep it over my shoulder to carry it, meaning it kept leaking water down my pants as I walked. I'm still waiting for it to dry out so I can vacuum the bits of soggy dog chews and stuff out.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom