Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really? There's always something to lean a bike up against?

Probably, but I'm lazy, so not having to look for something is nice too.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I vacuum cleaned my car, outside my flat yesterday evening. I had to do it before the nights draw in, when I won't be able to see. I last did it on the Saturday after the clocks went forward last March. I intended to do it every month or so this summer, but laziness got the better of me. Anyway, It wasn't that grubby as I have a small brush and pan in my car which I use most days. Cut grass from my shoes is the main culprit, followed by tree droppings falling in through my rolled down roof. I'm just glad I vacuumed it last night and I can now rest happily. The next time I do it will probably be next March.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I vacuum cleaned my car, outside my flat yesterday evening. I had to do it before the nights draw in, when I won't be able to see. I last did it on the Saturday after the clocks went forward last March. I intended to do it every month or so this summer, but laziness got the better of me. Anyway, It wasn't that grubby as I have a small brush and pan in my car which I use most days. Cut grass from my shoes is the main culprit, followed by tree droppings falling in through my rolled down roof. I'm just glad I vacuumed it last night and I can now rest happily. The next time I do it will probably be next March.
My daughter did our van last night on preparation for taking her and her friends to Wales on the weekend...I wonder if a boys involved...?!😍

I looked lovingly at my bike, noting that I've never needed to vacuum its carpets. :smug:

Yeah but won't he/she have an assigned tell tale to keep him/her informed? 🤔 :whistle:

Nah, it's just the two of us for the most part and I never hide anything from him anyway, always best policy ,I think.

I never have a problem being brutally honest with him, and that's the problem, I shouldn't have to

Jameshow

Veteran
My daughter has some male friends coming for Sunday lunch in a couple of weeks time.
I've been thinking of some topics of conversation...

Airbus Vs Boeing airliners
A4 Vs Mallard+ Type 37 Vs 43
Seddon atkinson Vs folden trucks.
Raleigh Vs Dawes touring bikes 1975 - 1985
Buzzards Vs red kites

Any other thrilling subjects I should research??

A few cigars and it's about time to dust off the slippers.....

My daughter has some male friends coming for Sunday lunch in a couple of weeks time.

Buzzards Vs red kites

CD vs vinyl?
style icons of 70s motor cars?

Alex321

Veteran

Buzzards Vs red kites

Double breasted Vs single breasted jackets?

Buzzards Vs red kites

Assume your daughter is more towards middle age? I’m in my 30s and I wouldn’t have any replies to those potential conversations as they don’t interest me in the slightest.

What about technology; AI, good sound systems etc? Broad topics but wide enough to get into a discussion.

Jameshow

Veteran
Assume your daughter is more towards middle age? I’m in my 30s and I wouldn’t have any replies to those potential conversations as they don’t interest me in the slightest.

What about technology; AI, good sound systems etc? Broad topics but wide enough to get into a discussion.

I'm joking she's a older teenager so a really boring topic will got down like a very good dad joke!

Top Bottom