Trossachs Ton 20th June - Roll Call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Scoosh, I know what your saying but I'm not going to be doing the 100 miler this time. The route is on my doorstep so I may try it sometime in July.

scook94 said:
Scoosh, I know what your saying but I'm not going to be doing the 100 miler this time. The route is on my doorstep so I may try it sometime in July.
You'd be surprised how much easier it is though to do the 100miler in a group, go on, ya no you want tae.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Bugger-off you lot - Steven's towing me round the 100k route so that I can get a good time, he's not doing the 100mile route!!!

amir

Über Member
HLaB said:
It looks something like this

Blimey, that's quick.

I am doing the 100 miler. Based on experience at Twa wee Coonties, don't think that Steven would have any problem. I have done a couple of 100 milers before. Absolutely fine if you're used to doing 60-80 milers and you rest up for a few days beforehand. Got to have challenges!

Hlab, what was the signposting like? Clear? If so I can leave the GPS at home.

amir said:
Blimey, that's quick.

I am doing the 100 miler. Based on experience at Twa wee Coonties, don't think that Steven would have any problem. I have done a couple of 100 milers before. Absolutely fine if you're used to doing 60-80 milers and you rest up for a few days beforehand. Got to have challenges!

Hlab, what was the signposting like? Clear? If so I can leave the GPS at home.
The sign posting was OK, I just used the gps for tracking. There was one point when I followed the big arrow left only to find out it was a water stop and a dead end the main route went straight ;) but apart from that the signage was OK and you can always see another cyclist in front to give you confidence your going the right way.

PS Good luck with the 100miler

alp1950

scook94 said:
Just wondered how many CCers will doing this next Sunday. To date I know of:-

Myself
Eldudino
Techmech
amir
pjgraham86

So, anyone else?

+1

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
HLaB said:
Is that the one up by the North Third Reservoir? The surface all the way from the Carron Valley is terrible! IMO that's the only downside of the event.

Yep, that's the road. The bad bit is from Crow Road to Carron reservoir. It's not too bad along past Carron reservoir and back into Stirling past Chartershall so it should be an easy run home.

Top Bottom