Trossachs Ton 20th June - Roll Call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
HLaB said:
I bet you're disappointed to miss out on Sunny Torbrex (Not) :becool:

Good Luck.

LOL - eh, no. I regularly avoid going anywhere near there. Though it's nice towards Kings Park.

Looking forward to the 100k route, it's pretty flat so I'm hoping for a fairly rapid time. I think I'm going to have to work hard to keep up with Steven though, he's cycling well at the moment and I feel I've gone off the boil a bit!

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
LOL - eh, no. I regularly avoid going anywhere near there. Though it's nice towards Kings Park.

Looking forward to the 100k route, it's pretty flat so I'm hoping for a fairly rapid time. I think I'm going to have to work hard to keep up with Steven though, he's cycling well at the moment and I feel I've gone off the boil a bit!

There's hope for me yet then! I guess it depends what you term rapid? What time are we aiming for?

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
Around 3hr 30 -3hr 45? No stops!

That's HLaB pace! Not sure I'm up to that just yet! No stops though other than to refill water? I think we'll be fine to avoid the Rob Roy stop but we may have to fill up at Lennoxtown.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
That's HLaB pace! Not sure I'm up to that just yet! No stops though other than to refill water? I think we'll be fine to avoid the Rob Roy stop but we may have to fill up at Lennoxtown.

It'll be fine!!!! I was thinking a re-fill at Lennoxtown too. 2 bottles will easily do me til then.

pjgraham86

Über Member
Forgive my ignorance but which way do we go over the Crow Rd - up from Lennoxtown and down to Fintry or the other way round ? I've done both ways and still not sure which I find harder (although the climb up out of Fintry is longer by about a mile from memory).

Cheers

P

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
pjgraham86 said:
Forgive my ignorance but which way do we go over the Crow Rd - up from Lennoxtown and down to Fintry or the other way round ? I've done both ways and still not sure which I find harder (although the climb up out of Fintry is longer by about a mile from memory).

Cheers

P

You go up from Lennoxtown, the route is done in an anti-clockwise direction.

I've not been over Crow Road before but Scook says it's a piece of cake ;)

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
You go up from Lennoxtown, the route is done in an anti-clockwise direction.

I've not been over Crow Road before but Scook says it's a piece of cake xx(

Pretty much. Will have to try it in the other direction then home via Tak Ma Doon....

MrRidley

scook94 said:
Pretty much. Will have to try it in the other direction then home via Tak Ma Doon....

I'll let you know how it is, i'll be up that way tomorrow, done the Crow rd twice on Tues, suffered a bit today in the thighs, still don't think i'm drinking enough, maybe attempt the Tak tomorrow depends how i feel in morning, on holiday from work this week so already done plenty of miles.

pjgraham86

Über Member
Not so sure I'd say it's a piece of cake - 2 miles of steady climb I suppose. I've done it 3 times in the last 4 weeks or so and I guess I know what to expect.

The downhill into Fintry is excellent....

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I was planning on doing this but ongoing health probs have forced me out - could manage the 100k I expect but only interested in the 100miler. Looks like one for next year. still hope for the KL in august. Hope you guys have a great day as the weather is supposed to be decent

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
pjgraham86 said:
Not so sure I'd say it's a piece of cake - 2 miles of steady climb I suppose. I've done it 3 times in the last 4 weeks or so and I guess I know what to expect.

The downhill into Fintry is excellent....

I'd built it up in my head to be this horrendous mountain that was virtually impassable. It spurned me on to do lots of hard work to improve my cycling. That worked (as I'm sure those who know me from last year will agree), I did it a few weekends ago and was left feeling disappointed.

It's not a piece of cake, it's a long steady drag but it's not as bad as I'd made it out to be in my head.

Top Bottom