Trossachs Ton 20th June - Roll Call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Just watch out for "The Look"!

LOL, I'll be waiting for it!!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
bhoyjim said:
I'll let you know how it is, i'll be up that way tomorrow, done the Crow rd twice on Tues, suffered a bit today in the thighs, still don't think i'm drinking enough, maybe attempt the Tak tomorrow depends how i feel in morning, on holiday from work this week so already done plenty of miles.

How did it go Jim? I certainly hope you're drinking enough in this weather!

MrRidley

scook94 said:
How did it go Jim? I certainly hope you're drinking enough in this weather!

Didn't go, went t'other way, up to E/Kilbride thru car/nock,Thortonhall,Jackton,Auldhouse,E/Sham, over to Fenwick and back, 65 miles and a good few feet of climbing, all done in scorching sunshine, and i forgot to put cream on :thumbsup: so i've got that sort of red look about parts of my body.

bhoyjim said:
Didn't go, went t'other way, up to E/Kilbride thru car/nock,Thortonhall,Jackton,Auldhouse,E/Sham, over to Fenwick and back, 65 miles and a good few feet of climbing, all done in scorching sunshine, and i forgot to put cream on :thumbsup: so i've got that sort of red look about parts of my body.
Good going Jim; it was a scorcher. I saved my 60 to this evening and went a fairly flat route otherwise I would of melted. It was still a little too warm at 6:30 when I set off and still is.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
TechMech said:
You'd better get "the look" in at the start with me as you boys'll be way too fast for me :thumbsup:

It's all just talk and posturing Al, you'll be fine, just stay close to our back wheel and we'll drag you round!

Is that person from your cycle club (or was it work) doing it too?

When/how are you getting there? Would be good to see you before we set off.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
TechMech said:
You'd better get "the look" in at the start with me as you boys'll be way too fast for me :biggrin:
Are you taking the CC Jersey with you Alan :sad: ?

There must someone there to whom you could give it (after they have signed) and we can get this jersey rolling again :biggrin:

Good luck with the TT guys. Did it last year as my first 100 miler and really enjoyed it. I really wish I could make it this year. Alas it is not to be. :smile:

JimtheScot

bhoyjim said:
Didn't go, went t'other way, up to E/Kilbride thru car/nock,Thortonhall,Jackton,Auldhouse,E/Sham, over to Fenwick and back, 65 miles and a good few feet of climbing, all done in scorching sunshine, and i forgot to put cream on :blush: so i've got that sort of red look about parts of my body.

hey Jim, you doing this run, didn't know you'd signed up. I'm gonna give the 100 miler a try, never done a ton in my life, so far my max is 70 miles. So i'll see how it goes on Sunday.

p.s it's Jim here from CTC, the guy with the light blue Ambrosio bike!

MrRidley

JimtheScot said:
hey Jim, you doing this run, didn't know you'd signed up. I'm gonna give the 100 miler a try, never done a ton in my life, so far my max is 70 miles. So i'll see how it goes on Sunday.

p.s it's Jim here from CTC, the guy with the light blue Ambrosio bike!

Aye Jim, not seen you in a while, no i'm not doing it :blush: i'm doing Embra-St Andrews tomorrow, are you going to the CTC thing at Hamilton on Sunday ? there's a few runs there.

TechMech

scook94 said:
It's all just talk and posturing Al, you'll be fine, just stay close to our back wheel and we'll drag you round!

Is that person from your cycle club (or was it work) doing it too?

When/how are you getting there? Would be good to see you before we set off.

Yep my mate (from my old work, but yes we are both in the KCC) will be doing it too. Although, he's doing the 100 miler so he'll be away early doors. I'll be through there for just after 8 and will park at my work in the business park just around the corner and cycle over to the park from there. We should be able to meet up I would have thought.

JimtheScot

bhoyjim said:
Aye Jim, not seen you in a while, no i'm not doing it ;) i'm doing Embra-St Andrews tomorrow, are you going to the CTC thing at Hamilton on Sunday ? there's a few runs there.

hi Jim, no i missed the last CTC run cos i was down in Kent doing the Castle Ride ( it was great to cycle somewhere different than the usual Scottish runs). No i'm not going to the CTC run on Sunday as it's the same day as the Trossach Ton. Hope you had a good run for the Embra-St Andrews. Maybe see you at the next CTC when ever it is.

Top Bottom