trust your base training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
@JasonHolder so whats this with the FFL why leave the para's

If you read this thread you will see!

jack smith

Veteran
Murder inquiry... Seriously? Excuse the language
image.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Jason which ones you in your avatar ?
The he-she in the bra?

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Used to work on a chicken farm during the school holidays many, many moons ago.

Placid little birds you might think, busily pecking and clucking away in the afternoon sun. Until one of their number gets injured, that is, and starts hopping around on one leg; at the first sign of weakness the rest of the birds would pick on the lame individual and, given the chance, literally tear it to shreds.

At which point, they'd simply return to pecking and clucking away in the afternoon sun as though nothing had happened! :eek:

Tin Pot

Guru
I see so many guys meaning to go out and do some long miles, yet let the wheels touch the road and they search out a mountain and end it after 40miles and call it HIT.
Trust your miles, they won't ever let you down. You'll do so much more later on with the harder training avec some steady long rides In The bank.
Set your base period and ignore the HIT stuff till you're strong and fit.
I haven't ridden over the winter so I've got another 7weeks base yet. Big miles don't break knees-big gears do. Happy spinning

Well said.

My personal opinion on HIT tends to agree with what I hear from moderates in the industry - you get your 5%-10% HIT naturally anyway. I use an HRM to check the intensity I'm working at, because I'm not yet willing to buy into a power metre, and cycling for a few hours at low intensity has seen my bike fitness increase well.

I understand this to be similar to the reasons that base training for running is great - essentially, the long easy work outs get the right muscles to improve, whereas doing to much at too high a level damages them too much for optimal improvement.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The OP might be doing "base miles" to some end but for most racers, what the OP is doing is riding a bike. That isn't base mileage, that's junk milage. For a sportiver, club rider or general fitness cyclist, riding a bike is all that is required, full stop!

The biggest issue is that the OP assumes some authority, based on "riding at a high level" as stated somewhere or other, yet fails to qualify this with stating exactly what this is. Now a pissing contest is a waste of time, as we all know, but if someone is going to assume authority and advise/or indeed mislead based on a statement such as this, others should be given the details so as to make an informed decision on whether to take notice, or if they really feel like pissing, dispute it based on their credentials! There are a lot of smart people on here, but there are also a lot of people who could quite easily take things as written and do themselves a mischief!

Well said.

My personal opinion on HIT tends to agree with what I hear from moderates in the industry - you get your 5%-10% HIT naturally anyway. I use an HRM to check the intensity I'm working at, because I'm not yet willing to buy into a power metre, and cycling for a few hours at low intensity has seen my bike fitness increase well.

I understand this to be similar to the reasons that base training for running is great - essentially, the long easy work outs get the right muscles to improve, whereas doing to much at too high a level damages them too much for optimal improvement.

You must be the 1st person I have "met" who enjoys being patronised!

Top Bottom