Try it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I only said try it, you can stop if you decide it is not for you.
I've had to get up at 5am enough to travel for work trips and holidays, don't much like it

Got to get up at 6am on Thursday to drive to Manchester followed by 8 hours of work, once in a while of that sort of thing is plenty

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thanks to work, Sunday will be the 7th consecutive day of being woken at 05:30 by the alarm (if I'm not already awake). You're wrong about there being so much time in the day as I seem to be missing 30mins from at least 3 afternoons this week.

DRHysted

Guru
Given I work shifts I see 5am far to regularly.
Given I work 12 hours and spend 2 hours commuting I feel the day is already too long.

I'll happily not get up with the insomniacs unless there is a very good reason for it.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There's a vague chance that I'll be up at 05:30 to get some early miles in... if it's still precipitating it down, as it is at the moment, it ain't gonna happen! :rain:

Get out of bed at 5am for a week, then tell me you never knew there was so much time in a day.

I agree, however, the neighbours weren't too impressed when I fired up the lawn mower at 5.30 am yesterday

I'll stay in this morning.......and practice my bagpipe playing instead !!

Drago

Legendary Member
Did it off and on for nigh on thirty years. Many nights I never got to bed at all. I agree with the OPs sentiment, but I think I've done my bit for temporal awareness.

Even retired I'm up at 0630hrs, tidy up, clean myself up, get the Nespresso going

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
One of my brothers often said line is that he finds days go quick, he will not be up for a few hours and falls asleep in front of the tv in the evenings.

Top Bottom