Try it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I find 7a.m. is my natural wake up time and that works fine for me.

Me too, did the 5:00 AM rise for years and like working nights it never suited me but the pay was OK

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Workdays I am up at 4.50 or 5.10 depending upon whether I am cycling or getting the train to work.
Having spent years getting up early, my body clock takes days to adjust to a more "normal" waking time.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Did 4am, 5am and 6am clocking in starts for minimum wage for four years and continuously for two. Don't miss it in the slightest. Of the people I'm still in contact with things seem to have gone downhill further. It is all going in the direction of sports direct and amazon.

It is very nice waking up at 5am in the middle of summer and it is a beautiful day and you don't feel too bad though.

Mrs M

Guru
I occasionally get up around 5am and find it's the best time of the day :smile:
Can potter around to my hearts content and get some peaceful time to myself (not with a kitten at the moment though). :ohmy:

Did enough 5am and 3.30 am starts when being a posty was still a decent job. Work 'till midnight most days now though so could do with a new body clock.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I always take my bike with me on my holidays, and get up at about 6:00am most days to get a ride in before breakfast. Always feels like I've had two holidays for the price of one.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I am so not a morning person that just reading the first answers to this thread make me tired :laugh:
Sometimes I have to get up at 5 for work, but never more than 4 days in a row: I would hate a life of perennial early mornings and early nights.
Maybe I'm a vampire :biggrin:

If I'm on an 'early-turn', I'm up at 03:20 - 03:30
Let Dog out, drink tea
Wash, shave
Maybe have a quick catch-up of news on BBC website

If I'm running to work, I'll be out of the door for 04:30
30 minute run to work
Time to get towels (go to nearest Wards, if we've run out)
Shower, eat breakfast, drink more tea
'Shop-floor' by 05:50

Going on bike, means breakfast (& more tea!) before I depart^_^

Pat "5mph"

I get this at work a lot: people they love early shifts (6am or thereabouts) because "then I have the rest of the day for myself".
Aye, but, when we start at 6, we also finish at 6 or even later!
Anyway, for me, starting at 6, finishing at say, 2, would not work: I'd go for a wee sleep once home, then up till all hours ^_^

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
I am so not a morning person that just reading the first answers to this thread make me tired :laugh:
Sometimes I have to get up at 5 for work, but never more than 4 days in a row: I would hate a life of perennial early mornings and early nights.
Maybe I'm a vampire :biggrin:

What would you consider an early night? I tend to turn the tablet/computer off at 10pm and bed for 11pm.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I get this at work a lot: people they love early shifts (6am or thereabouts) because "then I have the rest of the day for myself".
Aye, but, when we start at 6, we also finish at 6 or even later!
Anyway, for me, starting at 6, finishing at say, 2, would not work: I'd go for a wee sleep once home, then up till all hours ^_^

Yep. At my current workplace everyone fights to get the 7am starts and we're very overstaffed in the mornings and no one wants to work evenings.

At previous workplace if you lived very locally, a lot of people fought over the 6am to 2pm shifts (although 4am shifts were very unpopular). End up as a zombie in the afternoon, a snooze and then up till 1am and go to bed and up again.

Pat "5mph"

What would you consider an early night? I tend to turn the tablet/computer off at 10pm and bed for 11pm.
That's early: I have to be asleep for 10 if I need to get up at 5.
I find this hard, because I'm not an early sleeper, but can force myself to sleep if I must.
I was up at 6.15 today for work: will probably go to sleep at around 1.30, up around 9 (off tomorrow) and maybe a wee sleep in the afternoon ^_^

Top Bottom