England : Essex Trying to join Essex roads cycling club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
I shouldn't worry, there's no way I'm going to drop anyone soon. Given there's a few Essex on here, perhaps we should try and arrange an informal ride out?

Leescfc79

Über Member
I shouldn't worry, there's no way I'm going to drop anyone soon. Given there's a few Essex on here, perhaps we should try and arrange an informal ride out?

Sounds like a plan, with enough notice I can do most weekends

Nosaj

I'm about most weekends all thats left to say is when & where

Round the Hanningfileds and stock, downham etc is nice I am sure I have got a couple of routes logged on the Garmin when I went out with the CTC

Leescfc79

Über Member
I'm about most weekends all thats left to say is when & where

Round the Hanningfileds and stock, downham etc is nice I am sure I have got a couple of routes logged on the Garmin when I went out with the CTC

Sounds good to me, I'm in Wickford so most of my riding is done around there.

Lee_M

Guru
My ridign buddy is in Wickford so I generally meet him somewhere, tend to head out East generally, but happy to go wherever the group wants - as long as its not on the A127 or anything busy!

Nosaj

My ridign buddy is in Wickford so I generally meet him somewhere, tend to head out East generally, but happy to go wherever the group wants - as long as its not on the A127 or anything busy!

If you stick the pin part of a compass in the middle of Hanningfiled reservoir then draw a circle 90% of the lanes around there are low traffic, undulating and generally pretty damn good. Its a quick spurt up Brock Hill from Wickford to get there.

Lee_M

Guru
If you stick the pin part of a compass in the middle of Hanningfiled reservoir then draw a circle 90% of the lanes around there are low traffic, undulating and generally pretty damn good. Its a quick spurt up Brock Hill from Wickford to get there.

My buddy does'nt describe Brock Hill as a quick spurt, he describes it as a bastard ^_^

Personally I think it's preferable to the last sttep bit up into Billericay

Lee_M

Guru
I have no idea what time I do, better go have a look :-)

[edit]
ooh, not good - need to work at it!

Leescfc79

Über Member
I have no idea what time I do, better go have a look :-)

[edit]
ooh, not good - need to work at it!

I've only ridden it once and I'm in the bottom 10 of that segment! In my defence I was talking to someone while I was going up it but I doubt I could've done it much quicker if I tried!

I tend to go up Church Rd now, it's a steeper but shorter hill

OP
OP
M

Micky_b_85

Good news, heard back from Essex roads. The guy had suffered a cycling injury on holiday and was in hospital out there. Joining them for a ride this Sunday. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the replies

Top Bottom