Tubeless question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
......or filling innertubes

Does that work? Never tried it before

CXRAndy

Guru
Does that work? Never tried it before

Yes. 70-75mil is the amount for tyre upto 32mm. over the years where the odd tubeless tyre has had a big cut. Instead of throwing away tyre i fit tube and put sealant inside tube. I have a pair of tubular tyres and use it for those aswell.

Jody

Stubborn git
Yes. 70-75mil is the amount for tyre upto 32mm. over the years where the odd tubeless tyre has had a big cut. Instead of throwing away tyre i fit tube and put sealant inside tube. I have a pair of tubular tyres and use it for those aswell.

Handy to know. Might have an experiment on my road bike.

screenman

Legendary Member
Out on the 29er yesterday and heard a ticking noise, stopped and looked down at the front tyre and there was a huge thorn sticking out of it, so I snapped it off flush and carried on with my ride, checked it the morning and there is some sealant around the hole and the tyre is still inflated, who wants tubes on off road bikes, not me.

CXRAndy

Guru
Tubeless isnt perfect, but it has yet to strand me besides the road. Ive been able to get home or complete an event with a partial inflated tyre.

My best outcome was 5 pinhole punctures on a sportive, with no loss of pressure at all. Became aware after the event, with tell tale tiny damp marks on a bone dry tyre surface.

Madcycli5t

I was given a new bike (nice) and a friend suggested slime tubes as the tyres were difficult to remove so I visited first good old Wilkos who had car type valves rather than presta which is my preference I got them cheaper in Halfords with much shorter valves than the originals I have had about 1000 miles puncture free riding ,now that has not happened before

Top Bottom