Tumble Dryer for Work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G2EWS

Hi All,

Having enjoyed getting wet today, I am now happy to do my commute when it is raining.

The problem is, I won't be able to dry my clothes well enough during the day. Extra sets of clothes will come in the future, but right now I only have one complete 'colder' weather set'.

I could put an electric towel radiator in the bathroom at work and indeed may do so anyway, but it occurred to me that a small tumble dryer may be more efficient.

This thread is on the off chance that someone has gone down this same route and can recommend a small dryer. Or perhaps you might have a better idea?

Thanks as always for your help.

Best regards

Chris

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Soaking wet lycra and specific cycling gear from a wet mornings commute dries out way before I get to cycle home.
I hang it up near the offices hot water/CH boiler and it's all dry in a couple of hours.

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

Will try that next week as it is due to rain most days and keep my fingers crossed. Horrible putting on wet or damp clothes!

Regards

Chris

Berties

Fast and careful!
I dry all my cheap commute stuff in my tumble dryer at work,and if it rains wear cheap shorts,as I would never dry my best castelli bibs in the dryer ,I have put them on wet when i have got caught in a storm,I want to keep the pad tip top,some makes don't recomend you dry cycle shorts in a tumble dryer

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

Hi Sandra,

I think you might be right. Glad I asked what I thought was a dumb question now.

Based on Ian suggesting that it dries quickly I think I will install an electric towel dryer.

Regards

Chris

Raging Squirrel

you can get a small desktop cylinder dryer, a bit like the massive tub ones the americans use. I'm sure Comet do them, but they're not much larger than a waste paper bin

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
[QUOTE 2056512, member: 45"]I've got industrial washing machines and dryer at work.

Just sayin', like.[/quote]
Clothes kept in a locker , if you leave them around some twerp will steal or hide them so if i want a dry set of clothes i have to keep a spare set in my locker.

just sayin like :blush:

Top Bottom