Tumble Dryer for Work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Hi Billy,

Thanks for your response.

There seems to be a number of Altura jackets on the Wiggle website. Do you know which one you have?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mens/altura/cycle/jackets/

I am wondering if mine is leaking and according to the spec it should be waterproof and breathable

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-minima-s-waterproof-jacket/

Then perhaps I should send it back and replace it with an Altura.

This seems like a good one:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-night-vision-evo-waterproof-cycling-jacket/

Best regards

Chris
Yeah it's the Nevis Chris. It can still get warm but to be honest I don't use it for commuting as it's my posh all day jacket when out on the road bike.

billy1561

BB wrecker
I have night vision waterproof trousers and they are excellent, so if the jacket is as good it will be pretty good.

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

[QUOTE 2057813, member: 9609"]Well I suppose it depends on many unknowns, you may or may not have a car, your commute may be long or short, it may rain a lot where you live, you may not give a bugger one way or another about the environment and probably many other considerations!

However having a tumble drier manufactured just to dry your clothes once in a while seems a bit excessive.

peddle faster and miss the rain drops[/quote]

Hi Reiver,

Sorry you feel that way and my guess was right you did this to be provocative. Shame really!

So especially for you!
I have a number of offices and workshops which include a purpose built shower and toilet for cycling. At the moment it has a 200W oil filled radiator on very low. So low in fact that it does not dry the towels. So I needed something to do both jobs. Dry my clothes and dry my towels. I don't think it is healthy to put wet or even damp clothes back on, so there has to be a way around it. You may have spotted that I am a newbie and don't want to 'waste' my money on more clothes until I know what is best for me.

So my conclusion based on asking the good people here is that a larger oil filled radiator with timer so it comes on before I get to the office and turns off during the afternoon is the best solution. After all we all have heat in our bathrooms don't we?

As to driving, you wont' like this one bit.
I have four vehicles that range from 8mpg - 27 mpg.

But having said all of that, at my age and running my own company I don't need to answer to anyone. But thought I might be polite to you so you can see how it is done.

Best regards

Chris

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

[QUOTE 2057865, member: 9609"]No I tried to put a different angle on the proceedings, and for whatever reasons you seem to have got your knickers in a knot![/quote]

Knickers never get in a knot Reiver, too long in the tooth for that.

As long as you are happy then we have achieved something eh?

Best regards

Chris

OP
OP
G2EWS

G2EWS

Hi Reiver,

Good guess but no!

I work with the UK Water Industry and have to go off road most weeks.

Land Rover Discovery 3 - My main vehicle
BMW 635 Convertible - Wife's Car
Classic Mini Convertible - My fun car
American RV - Basically a very large motorhome 7 litre V10 petrol!

Best regards

Chris

Get a centrifugal spinner. You will be amazed at the amount of water it gets rid of. Even if it's not been raining (sweat). They are a lot more friendly than tumble dryers. They plug in anywhere and are small.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I have one of THESE that I've used through the worst and of this summers weather and it's stood up very well to all conditions. It's not a boil in the bag type either, like I've had with other well known brands, it's tough with good comfort for the price.

Top Bottom