Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

LBHIFI

Veteran
Just got the bike case and it is huge :eek: https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cyclin...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CISV4PXhrdsCFQOdsgodQAYGnA.
The damn thing weighs 18 kg, so only 12 kg for bike and tools (Ryanair 30 kg bike case limit).
My back is a little fragile, so really have to take care when handling this monster.

I going by train from Stansted to Peterborough - I hope I don't have to take some kind of special action regarding the bike. Couldn't find any info about bike case and trains.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just got the bike case and it is huge :eek: https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cyclin...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CISV4PXhrdsCFQOdsgodQAYGnA.
The damn thing weighs 18 kg, so only 12 kg for bike and tools (Ryanair 30 kg bike case limit).
My back is a little fragile, so really have to take care when handling this monster.

I going by train from Stansted to Peterborough - I hope I don't have to take some kind of special action regarding the bike. Couldn't find any info about bike case and trains.

You should be fine Lars. Trains can get crowded but they are pretty frequent

CXRAndy

Guru
Is that the one Bob has booked?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Good luck to all you ToC-ers and DD-ers... it’s fantastic that you are all meeting up to ride.. I do hope to join you one day soon..

I hope the roads are smooth, the sun is shining and the wind is always at your backs...

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle: :bicycle:
There's still time to sign up for the DD :biggrin: It's not until 24th June. The Welsh hills will be nothing compared to the rides you do north of the border :okay: I need someone's wheel to suck :sweat:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
There's still time to sign up for the DD :biggrin: It's not until 24th June. The Welsh hills will be nothing compared to the rides you do north of the border :okay: I need someone's wheel to suck :sweat:

Thanks for the invite McWhortface but.... ive kinda found my limit in recent years,. I can do centuries and I can do hills.. but not at the same time. I did the Tour de Yorkshire this year - no where near as long as your welsh odyssey and at only 8000 ft... I wouldn’t even be able to follow your tyre tracks even if they were wet.. I think you are all super-human-stars.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks for the invite McWhortface but.... ive kinda found my limit in recent years,. I can do centuries and I can do hills.. but not at the same time. I did the Tour de Yorkshire this year - no where near as long as your welsh odyssey and at only 8000 ft... I wouldn’t even be able to follow your tyre tracks even if they were wet.. I think you are all super-human-stars.
I wish I could learn my limit! I have to make myself ill, or crash, before I learn :B)

Top Bottom