Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well, if the youngest member of our team is talking about a failing body then i will just keep my mouth shut and suggest we talk about our fueling strategies.

Assuming we are only stopping on one occasion what are you likely to carry with you? I rode 75km at a slowish pace yesterday on a single 950ml bottle of High 5 2 in 1 at half the recommended concentrate. I just wanted to see how i would fare knowing there would always be a shop near enough to refuel if necessary. Croissant for brekkie with couple of expresso's. Completely fecked by the end. Drank a litre of chocolate milk as soon as i got home, protein bar, then 3 bowls of spicy beef stew for dinner etc.
I am thinking 3000 calorie expenditure over 3 1/2 to 4 hours. So, 2 950ml bottles of energy drink. a High 5 4 in 1 and second High 5 2 in 1 with caffeine. Fluids take priority. 2 banana's. 2 cliff energy bars and an emergency caffeinated gel/jelly beans. Too little? Oh, possibly some almonds or other nut just to change the over sweet taste sensation in the mouth.

CXRAndy

Guru
Well, if the youngest member of our team is talking about a failing body then i will just keep my mouth shut and suggest we talk about our fueling strategies.

Assuming we are only stopping on one occasion what are you likely to carry with you? I rode 75km at a slowish pace yesterday on a single 950ml bottle of High 5 2 in 1 at half the recommended concentrate. I just wanted to see how i would fare knowing there would always be a shop near enough to refuel if necessary. Croissant for brekkie with couple of expresso's. Completely fecked by the end. Drank a litre of chocolate milk as soon as i got home, protein bar, then 3 bowls of spicy beef stew for dinner etc.
I am thinking 3000 calorie expenditure over 3 1/2 to 4 hours. So, 2 950ml bottles of energy drink. a High 5 4 in 1 and second High 5 2 in 1 with caffeine. Fluids take priority. 2 banana's. 2 cliff energy bars and an emergency caffeinated gel/jelly beans. Too little? Oh, possibly some almonds or other nut just to change the over sweet taste sensation in the mouth.

This is/will be high energy consumption ride, so whatever your best tolerated food to keep topped up for upto 4hours .I'll eat probably 4 energy bars plus a .ouple of gels in latter stage. energy drinks(3,4 bottle) with salts and a banana in the back pocket

kipster

Guru
This is/will be high energy consumption ride, so whatever your best tolerated food to keep topped up for upto 4hours .I'll eat probably 4 energy bars plus a .ouple of gels in latter stage. energy drinks with salts

Sounds like a picnic. But in all seriousness take a bit more than you think you'll need. I eat light, but take plenty of food, 72 miles on Saturday saw me get through a banana, and a few apricots on top of one energy drink (Torq) and on hydration drink (both 750ml). On the same ride my lad did half an energy bar and a gel on top of two bottles. Breakfast was fruit and youghurt. I did have a cup of tea at a cafe stop.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I never knew suntan cream reduced the drag coefficient

Might do on mine given the sise of them:rolleyes::laugh:

Weather improving for weekend, you may need that suncream :smile:
Advice taken.
IMG_20180529_184158.jpg

bobinski

Legendary Member
Oh I do like my new chain rings. Felt just right after only a few minutes. Raced home. Tommy will confirm commuting is a bit like racing in London Town and the competition is fierce. Perhaps people were resting but I had one of those glorious rides where you pass everyone and manage to stay away from those that come back at you. I think I may have beaten my benchmark Time but for the second time today no Strava save to prove my awesome power:sad:
Only frustrating news is a bent rear hanger which it turns out had been the cause of shifting problems. Bent back but only so far and therefore need to source a replacement. Otherwise Tommy will be moaning about the noise from my bike^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Oh I do like my new chain rings. Felt just right after on a few minutes. Raced home. Tommy will confirm commuting is a bit like racing in London Town and the competition is fierce. Perhaps people were resting but I had one of those glorious rides where you pass everyone and manage to stay away from those that come back at you. I think I may have beaten my benchmark Time but for the second time today no Strava save to prove my awesome power:sad:
Only frustrating news is a bent rear hanger which it turns out had been the cause of shifting problems. Bent back but only so far and therefore need to source a replacement. Otherwise Tommy will be moaning about the noise from my bike^_^

Ha!

It’s good they spotted it though mate. Must admit it didn’t occur to me the hanger could be bent. So I guess it’s redemtion for taking it in to get the chain polished to some degree ^_^.

Honestly I don’t try and race people on my comutes. Mainly because I’m knackered and know I’d lose too often :tongue:

I’m about the try and cut one of the peddles off of my bike with a hack saw. What could possibly go wrong... :blink:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ha!

It’s good they spotted it though mate. Must admit it didn’t occur to me the hanger could be bent. So I guess it’s redemtion for taking it in to get the chain polished to some degree ^_^.

Honestly I don’t try and race people on my comutes. Mainly because I’m knackered and know I’d lose too often :tongue:

I’m about the try and cut one of the peddles off of my bike with a hack saw. What could possibly go wrong... :blink:

:ohmy:
Mate, Careful you don’t put your shoulder out :okay:

Top Bottom