Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
My ftp on Bkool used to be 10 minutes warm up all d’huez. It was good for me having a time to try and beat.
I'm with you.....until I get my Neo...then I might find D'Huez a bit 'wall like'.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm with you.....until I get my Neo...then I might find D'Huez a bit 'wall like'.

Zwift has a mountain climb of its own these days. I’ve not used it. Or zwift much in general. But there’s another course I thought made an excellent workout which is the Surrey hills or something similar. Basically four or 5 short hill climbs back to back. I think if I get into wi next winter I’ll try doing one of those two things once a week

bobinski

Legendary Member
Zwift has a mountain climb of its own these days. I’ve not used it. Or zwift much in general. But there’s another course I thought made an excellent workout which is the Surrey hills or something similar. Basically four or 5 short hill climbs back to back. I think if I get into wi next winter I’ll try doing one of those two things once a week

I started the Surrey hills course tonight and quickly got interrupted by sh!tty emails from work so a gentle spring turn into an angry 5 min or so before I saw the deer eating.... and I mellowed:smile: And then had to bail and email a few peeps to get them to calm down.
Anyway, near 500m of climbing over 20km though only 1/2 the ride. Like Tommy says it’s an excellent course pretty much giving you the better bits of Surrey and a great workout.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
So which Sim are you predominantly using Tommy?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
So which Sim are you predominantly using Tommy?

The great outdoors! It gets quite sunny down south you know :hello:

I’ll probably be on Zwift next winter though mate. My Bkool pro is busted so that’s that most likely.

Hopefully we get some type of racing league going. The way it is at the moment different people are doing different things and there’s not the same after race banter there used to be on Bkool. If we can get that worked out I don’t think it really matters to me where we race.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I was hoping for a nice 10 mins warmup before I hit the FTP test ... I wasn't expecting to hit over 300 watts for 2 minutes before I even started the test :B) It was a good session though none-the-less and can only be good for improving my fitness in the long run :okay:

The warmup is supposed to take off some of your anaerobic input, to make the FTP Test more representative of your hour power.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The warmup is supposed to take off some of your anaerobic input, to make the FTP Test more representative of your hour power.
That's an understatement - I didn't have much anaerobic, or any other type, of power left after the 'warm up' :wacko: saying that though, 20 minute power of 258, estimated FTP of 245 on the Kickr so not all bad :okay:

Must apologise too Martin, you've joined me a few times on Zwift when I'm in a workout mode and I can't give you a 'ride on' or wave or anything in that mode. Looks like i'm ignoring you but I'm not :hello: Always good to see a friendly avatar when I'm working hard :okay:

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
That may be the reason, but not a good one IMO. That means that the FTP will vary according to the effort put into the warm up. The FTP should be the max watts under any circumstances in order to be comparable.

LBHIFI

Veteran
They say you should put the same effort into the warm up as you do the actual test
I suppose if you really want to know the watts you can avg. for an hour, then that may be more correct but you're not that far away from the actual hour, so why not just do the full FTP ^_^.
IMO it's much more usefull to have a comparable value for your current fitness, so that means max avg. for 20 min, with whatever warm up that suits you.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I suppose if you really want to know the watts you can avg. for an hour, then that may be more correct but you're not that far away from the actual hour, so why not just do the full FTP ^_^.
IMO it's much more usefull to have a comparable value for your current fitness, so that means max avg. for 20 min, with whatever warm up that suits you.
I might try the longer FTP test next time, but as time was short I had to go for the shorter ride. Not sure I can hold 245 Kickr watts for 1 hour though. After the DD this weekend, when I've recovered, I'll start the FTP builder plan so see if I can raise that measly 245 to something more manly :training:

Breedon

Legendary Member
For my next block of TrainerRoad workouts I'll be doing there ramp test for a FTP, they've changed from the 8 and 20 minutes test as it takes out the pacing factor the idea is you just pedal till you no longer can and soon as the watts fall the test ends.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I might try the longer FTP test next time, but as time was short I had to go for the shorter ride. Not sure I can hold 245 Kickr watts for 1 hour though. After the DD this weekend, when I've recovered, I'll start the FTP builder plan so see if I can raise that measly 245 to something more manly :training:
There not kickr watts but real watts :tongue: any FTP test is just xx(

Top Bottom