Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
France is superb for cycling far better than the UK loads of quiet roads, cycling paths
Seriously I can’t find any fault with all of the rides I did in the the UK. The Komoot rides if anything were Very rural low tragic with just a few exceptions

bobinski

Legendary Member
The chalet is in d'huez so every ride means we've got to come back up it, or thinking about in more of a cycling way, every ride is a summit finish

Yeah, that’s what happens when Tommy chooses the accommodation...
Looking forward to staying at the top of SAN Calobra next year:rolleyes:

^_^

CXRAndy

Guru
little try out on new crank and see if arse has healed. :smile:

gearing is spot on smooth, mainly will be using 36t middle crank. Legs feel great despite just done leg workout yesterday. I was powering up drags stood up with no burn or drop off in power.

Long mountain rides do build strength :biggrin:

kipster

Guru
Considering bike / gearing options for the Alps.

1. Summer bike with climbing wheels, 52/36 and 12-29

2. Winter bike, 50/34 and 13-30 (currently 12-27 so will need new chain as well)

3. Winter bike, change chain rings to 48/32 (praxis chain set) and 13-30 cassette

Option to put climbing wheels (campag shamal) on winter bike. Changing groupset on summer bike too much hassle and campag don't do less than 50/34.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Can you just change the chain rings / entire crankset on your summer bike to a 50/34? Or different bb / crank arm to winter bike? How much do you enjoy riding each bike?

50 / 34 will be fine. Put the 30 casssette on your shamals. Lee seemed to spin fine on that combo and we went up some steep bits.

Personally bringing a bike labelled ‘winter bike’ feels like a compromise but it depends on how much you like the bike vs your summer bike.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I had 33 29 as the last option
Shamal wheels
CXRANDY put me on to the 33 inner ring ( can’t remember from where ) it had suppose to fit Campag but I think I ordered the wrong one and I had to get the offset hole milled slightly
No issues shifting from 33 to 50
If I had another gear I would have used it but I didn’t - and I didn’t want to cry in front of tommy

Top Bottom