Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Sorted my triple now. I had a few minor shifting issues with the rear derailleur, not the new triple front. It would be sluggish to drop down a cog on 14,13,12,11 teeth. I thought it might be due to using a 10 speed chain instead of 11 speed, but I ultimately decided it was the chain was too short 1link(2links pair) so there wasn't sufficient wrap around the derailleur to pull the chain down smoothly. New longer 11 speed and all is super sweet changing now.

New setup chainring 48/36/26 with a 11-32 cassette. 36t is the main drive with 26 or 48 for either very slow/fast respectively

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Sorted my triple now. I had a few minor shifting issues with the rear derailleur, not the new triple front. It would be sluggish to drop down a cog on 14,13,12,11 teeth. I thought it might be due to using a 10 speed chain instead of 11 speed, but I ultimately decided it was the chain was too short 1link(2links pair) so there wasn't sufficient wrap around the derailleur to pull the chain down smoothly. New longer 11 speed and all is super sweet changing now.

New setup chainring 48/36/26 with a 11-32 cassette. 36t is the main drive with 26 or 48 for either very slow/fast respectively
My BMC is setup with an 48/36/26 11-36 10spd. Low gear is almost too low :giggle: but will get you up almost any slope.

CXRAndy

Guru
My BMC is setup with an 48/36/26 11-36 10spd. Low gear is almost too low :giggle: but will get you up almost any slope.

The 26t granny ring was a bonus. I have been using a 28t granny gear for the mountains on 35-40 cogs, it has allowed me to keep a decent cadence even after several hours of climbing. My legs weren't sore after each day^_^, cant say that about my arse, I think Im scarred for life :cry:

CXRAndy

Guru

bobinski

Legendary Member
It was 3 times^_^ but the forum would only let me delete the 3rd.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Chaps, bit of a press release

This has all happened very quickly but basically a group of us are heading to the alps for the last weekend in September! This hs all hppened since mid afternoon yesterday and I’ve been trying to hurriedly book accommodation etc while doing a hundred other things. Mistakes have been made... I started texting people when it look like it was a goer and subsequently a five of us are signed up as of now. It is still possible for more people to sign up but with the time scale and amount of commitments I have at the moment I’d have to know within the next few hours before I put the final arrangements in place. I know this is very short warning, but it literally went from a passing convo with Bob to looking at accommodation within minutes. So if interested please pm or ring me ASAP.

Other than that... alp d’huez look out. Coz the chain gang are coming for ya!!! :wahhey:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Chaps, bit of a press release

This has all happened very quickly but basically a group of us are heading to the alps for the last weekend in September! This hs all hppened since mid afternoon yesterday and I’ve been trying to hurriedly book accommodation etc while doing a hundred other things. Mistakes have been made... I started texting people when it look like it was a goer and subsequently a five of us are signed up as of now. It is still possible for more people to sign up but with the time scale and amount of commitments I have at the moment I’d have to know within the next few hours before I put the final arrangements in place. I know this is very short warning, but it literally went from a passing convo with Bob to looking at accommodation within minutes. So if interested please pm or ring me ASAP.

Other than that... alp d’huez look out. Coz the chain gang are coming for ya!!! :wahhey:
Won't be able to join you in September, but have a great time guys!

CXRAndy

Guru
alp d’huez look out. Coz the chain gang are coming for ya!!! :wahhey:

The Alp is one of the easier climbs. Croix de fer, Glandon, Telegraphe/Galibier are the monsters. Then there are some much less publicised climbs which I have been told averaged 10% for 15k hidden away. That booklet I posted, I believe has them listed.

Top Bottom