Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Personally I won’t be racing but i can’t talk for the others.
:secret::biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just rode up Box with Adam. Blimey after the Pyrenees it was a bit short so much so I misjudged thinking I had another bend and straight and missed out on a pb by seconds. Adam looks like he will be just fine going up The Alp:thumbsup: . In fact if he keeps on improving the way he is then he may be hauling us all up.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

I must admit I did say it a bit tongue in cheek :smile:. But to be honest I never felt like I was racing in Pyrenees, did any of you.? That climb I got a decent time on, I knew halfway up I was going well but it didn’t feel like a race. And I guess the next day you pushed on sort of owing me one ^_^. But I don’t think I can go harder than my natural pace without blowing up! The way the pros sort of shadow each other is just one of many incredible skills they’ve got I guess.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It’s booming already to be fair. Matching road bikes for sales in some countries. What’s crazy is how far they’ve come so fast (no pun intended). It shows how much moneys being invested I guess. Be prepared for the results to appear in a hilly strava segment near you soon!
Another one. Can be spec'd upto eETAP €7900 and Di2 groupsets by the look of it. The Shim Ultegra Di2 €5400
https://www.wilier.com/en/products/world/road/cento1-hybrid

cento1_hybrid_y2_blue.jpg

Unfortunately all are on quite racy frames :angry:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

kipster

Guru
I thought that when I first saw the Orbea. Then the bianchi looks aggressive too. Maybe as time goes on each company will expand their range. It makes sense they would.

To be honest I'm confused why Bianchi have put a motor on a bike designed for racing, it would have made more sense to put it on their endurance framed bikes, like the Intenso or Infinito CV. They've motorised the Impulso, but it looks awful.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

To be honest I'm confused why Bianchi have put a motor on a bike designed for racing, it would have made more sense to put it on their endurance framed bikes, like the Intenso or Infinito CV. They've motorised the Impulso, but it looks awful.

My guess is they’re selling the dream. It’s good marketing to promote the racing bikes and spec them out with high end parts, even if they break even or lose money on it. That way when they bring out the more relaxed geo models the average e bike consumer doesn’t feel like a charity case, but part of the brand he’s buying into.

Same reason big fashion houses put on the couture shows in Paris, London, New York. What they lose on the mad cap creations on the cat walk. They rake back in on perfume sales and jewellery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom