Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Not as nice looking as the others, about 50% more torque and 50% more cost :sad:

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2018/e-bikes/road/agree/cube-agree-hybrid-c62-slt-disc-black-edition-2018/

139150_light.jpg

theboxers

Geometry or stack and reach specifically? Could you get away with sticking say a 90mm stem and short reach bars on it?
stack and reach orbea/GT 600/601 402/381 :okay: 90mm stem would be no issue. The rest is slightly different but a lot closer than the M or D versions.

Edit to add

It looks like the F and D variant frames are the same. It is just the carbon that is more racy and customiseable paint wise :banghead:

Last one I promise
http://www.pinarello.com/en/bike-2018/e-bike/nytro

01_nytro.jpg

Bikeradar "Pinarello said the bike, fitted with a mechanical SRAM Force groupset and a FSA chainset suited to the tight fit at the bottom bracket area, would cost around €6,000 depending on the choice of wheels."

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
stack and reach orbea/GT 600/601 402/381 :okay: 90mm stem would be no issue. The rest is slightly different but a lot closer than the M or D versions.

Edit to add

It looks like the F and D variant frames are the same. It is just the carbon that is more racy and customiseable paint wise :banghead:

Last one I promise
http://www.pinarello.com/en/bike-2018/e-bike/nytro

View attachment 419107

Bikeradar "Pinarello said the bike, fitted with a mechanical SRAM Force groupset and a FSA chainset suited to the tight fit at the bottom bracket area, would cost around €6,000 depending on the choice of wheels."

I saw the Pinarello in real life whilst in the Alps. At first glance couldn't tell it was electric assist. cheaper than RRP

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I used to (accidentally) have the KOM on that 40 minute segment - it includes the climb of Burrington Combe, and then over the top of the Mendips and down Cheddar Gorge, so to get a good time you have to go up Burrington Combe fast, and then keep going hard when you get to the top - I suspect a lot of people naturally back off and have a rest at the top of the hill (or wait for their slower mates!) which is why I have a shot at the KOM!

I uploaded a video of Burrington Combe back in 2015, I managed to take about an hour longer than you, as I stopped at the cafe for tea and cake! :cuppa::giggle:

I think I'll make a segment that starts after the cafe... ;)

Unfortunately I forgot to turn the video on going up the gorge, what a muppet! I was too keen to get a good time I completely forgot.

Shiny new wheels arrived yesterday! :hyper::wahhey:

Geoff

theboxers

I uploaded a video of Burrington Combe back in 2015, I managed to take about an hour longer than you, as I stopped at the cafe for tea and cake! :cuppa::giggle:

Unfortunately I forgot to turn the video on going up the gorge, what a muppet! I was too keen to get a good time I completely forgot.

Geoff
Someone mentions new wheels and the first person to like the post is @bobinski :rofl:

theboxers

Good night TB :smile:, you keep that bank card safely in its holster for now
I think I need to lose some lumberage before I seriously consider getting one of these bikes. I have started looking at adjusting my riding position whilst using the trainer. Small changes to get me closer to or at the positions required to ride these bikes.

Off to Evaggle Treactions cycles to look for parts to make the adjustments :unsure:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think I need to lose some lumberage before I seriously consider getting one of these bikes. I have started looking at adjusting my riding position whilst using the trainer. Small changes to get me closer to or at the positions required to ride these bikes.

Off to Evaggle Treactions cycles to look for parts to make the adjustments :unsure:
But surely if you lose the lumberage you won't need one of these bikes?!?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Working on flexibility is the thing to do maybe.

A youth playing snooker a few hours a day means I’ll probably be able to bend over and touch the floor with my knuckles when I’m 70. Not that I’ll be advertising that fact if I ever find myself serving at her majesty’s pleasure.

Last edited:

theboxers

Working on flexibility is the thing to do maybe.

A youth playing snooker a few hours a day means I’ll probably be able to bend over and touch the floor with my knuckles when I’m 70. Not that I’ll be advertising that fact if I ever find myself at her majesty’s pleasure.
I've worked fairly hard to get the little way along my journey so far. Most of that work has been riding on the trainer. Now I'm going to have to start working other areas to improve my physical state. New areas of pain are going to come into existence that I've never known about :eek:

Geoff
What?!! That new bike came with great wheels. I remember looking up the specs and thinking there was nothing you could possibly upgrade.

@gbrown aeolus 3 wheels came with that right?

Edit: Geoff I'm sorry for the possible indiscretion. I should have made sure your wife doesn't read this thread. But if she does...

Oh good move Geoff getting rid of those awful wheels that came with that bike... if you want to get rid of them you could send them to me and I'll see if there is room in our landfill for them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom