Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Please do. that would be so cool to see you smashing the weight dopers up the Zwift Alpe :rofl: A taste of their own medicine :laugh:
I'd need to use my other, other bike, to do that :whistle:

bmw-r1200gs-adventure-i1.jpg

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
@gbrown aeolus 3 wheels came with that right?

Edit: Geoff I'm sorry for the possible indiscretion. I should have made sure your wife doesn't read this thread. But if she does...

Oh good move Geoff getting rid of those awful wheels that came with that bike... if you want to get rid of them you could send them to me and I'll see if there is room in our landfill for them.

:okay:

:biggrin:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Working on flexibility is the thing to do maybe.

A youth playing snooker a few hours a day means I’ll probably be able to bend over and touch the floor with my knuckles when I’m 70. Not that I’ll be advertising that fact if I ever find myself serving at her majesty’s pleasure.
I bet Lee got all excited when he read that :laugh:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
@gbrown aeolus 3 wheels came with that right?

Edit: Geoff I'm sorry for the possible indiscretion. I should have made sure your wife doesn't read this thread. But if she does...

Oh good move Geoff getting rid of those awful wheels that came with that bike... if you want to get rid of them you could send them to me and I'll see if there is room in our landfill for them.

My local shop very kindly swapped the Aeolus 3's for the just released Aeolus XXX 4, as I wasn't happy paying so much for the bike and not getting the latest and greatest wheels. I had to wait 5 months for the new wheels to actually appear though, so have been riding on my wife's alloy wheels.

Just got the wheels sorted today, put both tubeless tyres on and added sealant without checking the rotation direction, then realized I should have checked. What were the odds on Friday 13th that I'd got one or either correct, but of course both were wrong (25% chance), so wrecked my thumbs taking the tyres back off, cleaning out the sealant, putting them back on again and re-adding the sealant.

Then fitted the cassette and disc rotors, and of course the lockring tool was just about too short to torque them up! Finally I think I've got it all sorted.

If you really want the Aeolus 3 wheels the shop is selling them (unused) for 40% off!

I'm tempted to get them for the missus... though she's not riding at the moment having just had a major op for cancer! Yet another reminder to enjoy life while you can! Thankfully it went well and her prognosis is good and she is recovering quickly.

Geoff

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Before Randy asks for pictures...

View attachment 419228

Blinking eck....

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Before Randy asks for pictures...

View attachment 419228

Did you choose the bottle cages Geoff? I think they suit the frame really well indeed. Have you put it on the scales? Also is that some sort of attachment fixing on the back of the saddle?

All in all great build mate.

FWIW I’ve never tourqued the cassette lock ring. I just make sure there’s no wiggle in the cassette, then a little more for luck.

Last edited:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Did you choose the bottle cages Geoff? I think they suit the frame really well indeed.

Yep, Matt carbon Bontrager XXX to match the bike, got the pair off an Amazon reseller for a great price. Only about 16g each!

Have you put it on the scales? Also is that some sort of attachment fixing on the back of the saddle?

7.74 Kg with Vector 3 pedals, bottle cages, garmin mount, speed sensor and the 25g clip for the under saddle bag! :blush:

Not bad for disc brakes!

All in all great build mate.

FWIW I’ve never talked the cassette lock ring. I just make sure there’s no wiggle in the cassette, then a little more for luck.

Thanks. The problem was not with the cassette, but torquing the front disc rotor lockring! It uses the same tool but on these wheels the teeth only just engage, and were starting to round off the lockring. The bike came with a different lockring for the rear, using external teeth and a different tool, which thankfully I also had (it was a BB tool).

I'm hoping the improved aero will make me faster (probably about 1 Watt per wheel), but nothing will help up the climbs! :B)

Cheers,

Geoff

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yep, Matt carbon Bontrager XXX to match the bike, got the pair off an Amazon reseller for a great price. Only about 16g each!

7.74 Kg with Vector 3 pedals, bottle cages, garmin mount, speed sensor and the 25g clip for the under saddle bag! :blush:

Not bad for disc brakes!

Thanks. The problem was not with the cassette, but torquing the front disc rotor lockring! It uses the same tool but on these wheels the teeth only just engage, and were starting to round off the lockring. The bike came with a different lockring for the rear, using external teeth and a different tool, which thankfully I also had (it was a BB tool).

I'm hoping the improved aero will make me faster (probably about 1 Watt per wheel), but nothing will help up the climbs! :B)

Cheers,

Geoff

Yeah the weight isnt shabby at all! And I don’t think weight was your main criteria anyway, I was just curious. It looks like a very well thought out build. Nicely proportioned, not overly aggressive, and makes sense to me. Would you mind putting up a link for the saddle attachment?

Top Bottom