Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think you mean berty with the loo's ^_^

Oh yes!

i will let you take the rap for that one !

On the other hand.....:biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Not sure what ailment I'd use. I largely ignore the asthma, pinched nerve in my neck and plantar fasciitis when it comes to cycling -- in the end when I'm dropped off the back it's because I'm just not fit/strong enough to stay with whatever group I'm in. I'm just fat & slow. There you go....

Ok, we can make an acronym of that lot:okay:

Or we could have “rule 5” in our group name or “R5”.

CXRAndy

Guru
Sign me up Tom :smile:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just to update.

Firstly, agreed. Too early for excuses Berty I'm afraid (you know Bob likes to get in first...)

Secondly. It's the 3rd of June. And is the grand fondo sportive. Not the race (£75 + £2 booking fee at the moment)

Thirdly. I can't find the team entry form I thought I'd seen. I'll have another look. Not a massive deal, we can still enter a team / club name for what it's worth. But we should all put down the same expected completion time, to try and get in the same or similar starting group.

Edit to add. I must of been imagining the team entry option... I think it's better to exaggerate how fast we expect to do the course. It means you're more likely to get an earlier start time, miss the carnage, and hit the food stands early!

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
its never too early for excuses !! some people are already starting to sniffle and cough !
just tell us what to do and i will do it boss
theres one with 18-20 and one higher - it would be nice on a windless day but Andy will tell you them fens are worse than any hill on a windy day

Breedon

Legendary Member
Fellas who's up for the tour of Cambridge ride? Berty, Breedon, Andy, Bridgy, Kipster, Bob? Anyone else? I'm thinking if you guys confirm I'll do a group booking tonight or tomorrow.
Same here yes, I'm like lee doubt i can do 20mph avg for 70 odd miles but I'll give it a go, looks like I'll be turning my commutes home into fast training rides:wacko:

kipster

Guru
Same here yes, I'm like lee doubt i can do 20mph avg for 70 odd miles but I'll give it a go, looks like I'll be turning my commutes home into fast training rides:wacko:

20mph is achievable with a group of similar ability, I did Velothon Wales a few years back and the first 50 miles or so was fairly flat and I managed over 19mph average, that was two years ago and I am a lot stronger now.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Agreed

You guys are going to suprise yourselves at how fast we can move in a pack. So long as the weather is in our favour! It's a coompletely different animal to riding solo.

I've just entered. Put yourselves into the 21+ mph group. It's not an obligation to ride that fast. It just means we get put nearer the front. It'll make a big difference on the day. I put down 'VR.CC' as our club name. I don't suppose it really matters though.

As a side note what about 'The Chaingang', or 'The Chaingang CC' as our club name. Completely suck or?...

Top Bottom