Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was struggling with eating and drinking at the last food stop

Now here are two subjects I am willing to give my expert advice on.....

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
if you want a southerner to shelter behind:okay:

If this year is anything to go by then the answer is a definite yes

3BC4E59D-B063-487D-9493-EB3419FD1A30.jpeg

Some people have no shame !

(I’m signed up for the fondo)

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just looked at the ToC details for next year.

Seems they are NOT having a Race as such this time, just the Gran Fondo (race in all but name) and the Sportive. The Gran Fondo will be set off in Age Group waves, so we couldn't all start together.

I've registered now, but thought I'd point this out in case people hadn't spotted it and it affected their decision. It will be my last year in the 55-59 Age group :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Seems they are NOT having a Race as such this time, just the Gran Fondo (race in all but name) and the Sportive. The Gran Fondo will be set off in Age Group waves, so we couldn't all start together.

I've registered now, but thought I'd point this out in case people hadn't spotted it and it affected their decision. It will be my last year in the 55-59 Age group :smile:
I am signed up for the gran fondo next year too ^_^

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Speaking of points. It’s funny the image you have of yourself on a bike compared to reality. Who knew my elbows were so pointy! I see your knees were tucked in like mine. Was your front wheel a bit jittery too?
Yeah I didn't realise how fuggin big I was on the bike.
No I don't really remember having a jittery front wheel this time despite the wind actually
I got caught a couple of times by side winds that shimmied the front wheel a bit. First time I thought I'd got a puncture.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Where does it give you the age catergories Norry?

I guess next year if the stewarding is as bad as this year at the start we could probably all start together and they wouldn’t notice. Or alternatively if we all start separately I can see it sprurring us on for fear of being caught. Can’t see that ending badly... :B)

Norry1

Legendary Member
Where does it give you the age catergories Norry?

I guess next year if the stewarding is as bad as this year at the start we could probably all start together and they wouldn’t notice. Or alternatively if we all start separately I can see it sprurring us on for fear of being caught. Can’t see that ending badly... :B)

• 19-34yrs
  • 35-39yrs
  • 40-44yrs
  • 45-49yrs
  • 50-54yrs
  • 55-59yrs
  • 60-64yrs
  • 65-69yrs
  • 70+yrs

Top Bottom