Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I did the same whilst doing the tour de Yorkshire ride couple of years ago TB... rear derailleur was very slightly twisted which resulted in poor indexing in the mid range - ended up buying a new one..
Well it's all done. A fettle on the rear adjust has the indexing working ok, when not under load.

We're going to Richmond Park tomorrow morning, arriving around 7:30 and parking near Petersham gate, so brother can try a drop bar road bike. If he gets on with it I may even let him have a go of my Cube electric as well. Youngest brother is looking at road bikes now. Trying to solve his arm pump / elbow issues.

kipster

Guru
St Malo to Santander done, on the ferry home now. 7 days on the bike, one in the van as the weather was foul. 521 miles and 23k ft, a bit of a tan, loads of great memories. It's a trip worth considering if you're looking for something different.

IMG_20190531_172111995.jpg IMG_20190602_132448808_HDR.jpg IMG_20190606_100109653_HDR.jpg IMG_20190608_151712404.jpg IMG_20190603_152332988.jpg IMG_20190608_151741470.jpg IMG_20190606_151007968.jpg IMG_20190607_140956663.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
St Malo to Santander done, on the ferry home now. 7 days on the bike, one in the van as the weather was foul. 521 miles and 23k ft, a bit of a tan, loads of great memories. It's a trip worth considering if you're looking for something different.

View attachment 470023 View attachment 470053 View attachment 470054 View attachment 470055 View attachment 470056 View attachment 470057 View attachment 470058 View attachment 470059

I believe everything apart from the bit about the sun tan ^_^

theboxers

Oh he'll. My legs are still broken, particularly the right one. Inside of thigh towards the top. It hurt even with the e-bike :cry:

Need to do some low power spinning to get the legs going again. As well as some stretches to loosen the thigh muscles.
----------------------
On a more important note my Brother is looking at a new bike. I've made sugestions but I think he's made up his mind.

He's looking at the Cube Cross Race SL. He likes the lively colour. I've told him what the difference between that and a full on road bike like the Attain. He seems happy with his choice.

He just has to get it past the bank manager. He's doing all the house work and clothes washing. He's getting a bath ready for when she walks in from work.

He'll get one just not sure what outside of his main choice.

It wasn't me that started his bike buying odyssy :whistle:

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Oh he'll. My legs are still broken, particularly the right one. Inside of thigh towards the top. It hurt even with the e-bike :cry:

Need to do some low power spinning to get the legs going again. As well as some stretches to loosen the thigh muscles.
----------------------
On a more important note my Brother is looking at a new bike. I've made sugestions but I think he's made up his mind.

He's looking at the Cube Cross Race SL. He likes the lively colour. I've told him what the difference between that and a full on road bike like the Attain. He seems happy with his choice.

He just has to get it past the bank manager. He's doing all the house work and clothes washing. He's getting a bath ready for when she walks in from work.

He'll get one just not sure what outside of his main choice.

It wasn't me that started his bike buying odyssy :whistle:

An alright bike, with a clamp from derailleur if he wanted to go up or down in crankset size

CXRAndy

Guru
Talking of ebikes, thinking of getting a new bike for the Mrs to convert it to ebike. I have found a bike and the motor. Just need to see if she is comfortable with new bike position. I know she will love the assist and range of travel it provides. Circa £1500 for whole shebang :smile:

theboxers

Talking of ebikes, thinking of getting a new bike for the Mrs to convert it to ebike. I have found a bike and the motor. Just need to see if she is comfortable with new bike position. I know she will love the assist and range of travel it provides. Circa £1500 for whole shebang :smile:
Orbea do a full made up drop or flat bar bike for that sort of money. Very discreet.

Sorry the gain d50 is £1800 and urban gain f40 is £1700. Exactly the same motor setup on all the gain bikes, just equipment levels change.

CXRAndy

Guru
Orbea do a full made up drop or flat bar bike for that sort of money. Very discreet.

Sorry the gain d50 is £1800 and urban gain f40 is £1700. Exactly the same motor setup on all the gain bikes, just equipment levels change.

Its a road bike and she wants a shopper step through. The battery is a bit limited, I am going 750W max power motor, something like 12-15amp 48/52v. I need a new bike so I can get disc brakes for me to convert to hydraulic for extra stopping power. I might even reprogram to lift speed limit to 18 or so for her to be able to cruise with me.

theboxers

An alright bike, with a clamp from derailleur if he wanted to go up or down in crankset size
That's what I was thinking. The bb is a little higher, the wheelbase is a little longer, so it'll be more stable in a straight line with plenty of cornering clearance.

The overall the level of componentry and build means he'll not have to upgrade any of the drivetrain or brake system. It'll probably be his main bike fo a good few years, so as long as he maintains it well he'll be set.

I had to persuade him to go up a little in brake components, with hydraulic, but he went and found this all on his own. I suggested a boardman adv 8.9. However he said he's tart enough to object to buying a bike available in Halfords :rofl:. I also pointed him toward the btwin triban rc 520 @£730, 'tooooooo dull' was the reply :unsure:.

He seems happy with his choice. Just waiting for approval :shy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Del C

Veteran
I’ve just signed up for the ToC GF 2020!

Plus point is I get to meet up with other Cycle Chatters.

Minus point is because of the age at the end of the year rule, I get bumped up an age category and sound like a geriatric. Do I bring my Guru carbon bike or a Mobility scooter with deep section wheels?

What are the recommendations on hotels?

Norry1

Legendary Member
I’ve just signed up for the ToC GF 2020!

Plus point is I get to meet up with other Cycle Chatters.

Minus point is because of the age at the end of the year rule, I get bumped up an age category and sound like a geriatric. Do I bring my Guru carbon bike or a Mobility scooter with deep section wheels?

What are the recommendations on hotels?

The Park Inn worked well for me this year. It is in the centre of town, decent parking, had the football on the TV and is about 5 miles from the event, which was about right for a warm up ride on the morning.

Top Bottom