Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
The Park Inn worked well for me this year. It is in the centre of town, decent parking, had the football on the TV and is about 5 miles from the event, which was about right for a warm up ride on the morning.
Did they let you leave your car there and pick up after the event or did you have to drive and park at the start?

EDIT: Just realised I’ve stayed there before. My last company HQ was in Peterborough about 2 minutes away!

Still interested to know the deal on parking!

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yes, it was free parking and we left our cars there during the day, picking them up after the event - no hassles.

Norry1

Legendary Member
In case anyone is interested, I've done a bit of analysis of my ToC event.

upload_2019-6-12_14-35-36.png

Interesting to see that for my first half hour my NP was at 266W which is my FTP. Best 20 minutes was an average of 256W and NP of 282, so I'm a bit surprised I could do that and then recover okay.

One thing I did differently was not look at my average power or NP at all until I had finished. I reckon if I'd seen the numbers I may have backed off, thinking I couldn't maintain it.

@CXRAndy this answers your question about how the starts of 2018 and 2019 compared.

bobinski

Legendary Member
In case anyone is interested, I've done a bit of analysis of my ToC event.

View attachment 470446

Interesting to see that for my first half hour my NP was at 266W which is my FTP. Best 20 minutes was an average of 256W and NP of 282, so I'm a bit surprised I could do that and then recover okay.

One thing I did differently was not look at my average power or NP at all until I had finished. I reckon if I'd seen the numbers I may have backed off, thinking I couldn't maintain it.

@CXRAndy this answers your question about how the starts of 2018 and 2019 compared.

Excellent improvement there Martin:thumbsup:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yeah that's not good. 2 weeks of little to no riding. Some massage and stretching and my right thigh is still giving me grief. :cry:

I just can't put out any descent power. The thigh just seems to cramp up, but it is not cramp. :cursing:

I'll be getting to a physio near me.for some advice and treatment cause it's piffin me off. I'm not enjoying riding at the moment :sad:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I did the same whilst doing the tour de Yorkshire ride couple of years ago TB... rear derailleur was very slightly twisted which resulted in poor indexing in the mid range - ended up buying a new one..

@Bored Man

Thought I report back and say I bought myself a rear derailleur tool a few weeks back and low and behold the hanger was out by about 10mm minimum. Bent it back into shape and so far the shifting is sweet! So thanks again bud :thumbsup:. It also reminded me to buy a spare hanger just in case.

Hopefully when we’re in the hills this year I’ll just have that beautiful whirring noise of a well tuned bike. Well that’s the plan anyway...

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Signed up for the ToC Grand Fondo (age group 50-54 :eek: ) All I need to do now is stay fit (hopefully get fitter), and get a nice new shinny bike :wahhey:

It’s going to be funny. Because we’re all going into the fondo. Most of us split across different age categories. And I believe they’re releasing people in waves relative to age category. It could turn a bit of a harw and hounds scenario :bicycle:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It’s going to be funny. Because we’re all going into the fondo. Most of us split across different age categories. And I believe they’re releasing people in waves relative to age category. It could turn a bit of a harw and hounds scenario :bicycle:
I'll wave as you and @bridgy pass by me :hello:

theboxers

@Bored Man

Thought I report back and say I bought myself a rear derailleur tool a few weeks back and low and behold the hanger was out by about 10mm minimum. Bent it back into shape and so far the shifting is sweet! So thanks again bud :thumbsup:. It also reminded me to buy a spare hanger just in case.

Hopefully when we’re in the hills this year I’ll just have that beautiful whirring noise of a well tuned bike. Well that’s the plan anyway...
I've just had the last part, of 3, turn up. I was waiting on the hanger to turn up. I've just changed it and it looks like it has fixed the issue. The cage now is in line with the top chainline and not trying to bounce the gears up and down when not asked. I was going to change the deraileur, hanger and cable today to get the GT ready for tommorows jaunt round Richmond Park but it looks like I now have a spare deraileur and cable.

I'll be chaperoning the 2 eldest nieces round the short cut course a couple of times while their Fathers do the full road circuit. Then the rest of the tribe is turning up and doing a walk with the dog.

Once we're all packed up, youngest brother and I will be off to pick up my other brothers new bike, he doesm't know, and then dropping it off to him (the shop isn't open until 11 so we can't give it to him for the ride and I can't pick it up today for various reasons).

We should be in Richmond for about 7.30am.

I've just had the last part, of 3, turn up. I was waiting on the hanger to turn up. I've just changed it and it looks like it has fixed the issue. The cage now is in line with the top chainline and not trying to bounce the gears up and down when not asked. I was going to change the deraileur, hanger and cable today to get the GT ready for tommorows jaunt round Richmond Park but it looks like I now have a spare deraileur and cable.

I'll be chaperoning the 2 eldest nieces round the short cut course a couple of times while their Fathers do the full road circuit. Then the rest of the tribe is turning up and doing a walk with the dog.

Once we're all packed up, youngest brother and I will be off to pick up my other brothers new bike, he doesm't know, and then dropping it off to him (the shop isn't open until 11 so we can't give it to him for the ride and I can't pick it up today for various reasons).

We should be in Richmond for about 7.30am.
It sounds like your leg is better. Did the Bobinski stretches and PT help?

theboxers

It sounds like your leg is better. Did the Bobinski stretches and PT help?
According to the physio it was a back issue not ITB or tight muscles. That confused me as there were none of the normal indications for it.

I went to the osteopath I use and he did some work that appears to have partially released whatever was stuck. I'm just doing a slow ride with the girls to get back on the bike without stressing the back too much. I have another appointment at the osteopath next Friday.

Normally one visit is enough, every 12-18 months. But on the odd period (about every 5 or 6 years) I need 2 or 3. I should be back to full, for me, flexibility within a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to being back on the bike.

Top Bottom