Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
We could think about cycling back if we’re not completely cooked. It’s 24 miles from Vauxhaul to Dorking. I say Vauxhaul because that’s where I am right now and I’m too lazy to delve any further on google maps

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Just putting this out there to see if there’s any interest in principle. Anyone fancy Majorca late March / April next year?

It’s so easy to organise because it’s so cycle friendly. We could have a really good Cyclechat adventure.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Just putting this out there to see if there’s any interest in principle. Anyone fancy Majorca late March / April next year?

It’s so easy to organise because it’s so cycle friendly. We could have a really good Cyclechat adventure.

Id really like to, and it does seem along way off. We are about to move house having not been looking, suddenly it all happens. Ive got to get a lot sorted to make the move more manageable. I'll try and regain some fitness and keep you updated if I'm in a position this winter

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

Been a couple of times before its ace...
Stayed in town of Campanent, well located for mountains.

Del C

Veteran
Mallorca is a possible for me.

Been about 4 times and stayed in Port de Pollensa, which is a great base with a lot of bike hire places.

The guy who used to own Evans Cycles (Gary Smith) organises a block booking at a hotel and I’ve been part of that as he knows a guy in my cycling club. There’s a big meet up there every day where you can join any number of rides.

Del C

Veteran
Sorry I missed all last week’s messages. Sometimes this board doesn’t seem to send notifications.

If anyone is coming via train and we’re still aiming to start near Box Hill, then Box Hill and Westhumble station is very close and Dorking is about a mile further on from Box Hill. There’s a car park across the A24 from Box Hill and Westhumble Station called Ryka’s, named after the cafe in the car park.

Ryka’s is right at the base of Box Hill, so not much of a warm up for @Norry1 as he plans for his PB, but he could warm up on the bike path that runs alongside the A24! 😅

It’s probably the best place for a meet up for people arriving by a mix of car and train. If we’re agreed on that I can create a new gpx file starting at Ryka’s and send it out to people, or attach it here.

Did we agree on 9.30 or 9.45?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Mallorca is a possible for me.

Been about 4 times and stayed in Port de Pollensa, which is a great base with a lot of bike hire places.

The guy who used to own Evans Cycles (Gary Smith) organises a block booking at a hotel and I’ve been part of that as he knows a guy in my cycling club. There’s a big meet up there every day where you can join any number of rides.

Funnily enough the friend I was cycling with today mentioned he’d done a trip with Gary Smith. I’d definitely think about doing it that way. Maybe if there’s enough of us we might want to plan our own days a bit more. But I’d be happy either option.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sorry I missed all last week’s messages. Sometimes this board doesn’t seem to send notifications.

If anyone is coming via train and we’re still aiming to start near Box Hill, then Box Hill and Westhumble station is very close and Dorking is about a mile further on from Box Hill. There’s a car park across the A24 from Box Hill and Westhumble Station called Ryka’s, named after the cafe in the car park.

Ryka’s is right at the base of Box Hill, so not much of a warm up for @Norry1 as he plans for his PB, but he could warm up on the bike path that runs alongside the A24! 😅

It’s probably the best place for a meet up for people arriving by a mix of car and train. If we’re agreed on that I can create a new gpx file starting at Ryka’s and send it out to people, or attach it here.

Did we agree on 9.30 or 9.45?

lunchtime forMartin so 9-45👍

Del C

Veteran
Ryka's Cafe is on the A24 between Leatherhead and Dorking. Anyone driving should leave the M25 at Junction 9 and follow the A24 to Dorking. Ryka's car park is signposted and is about 1 mile north of Dorking. I think you have to go past the car park exit on to the A24, take the first exit at the roundabout and then the car park is on the left. You can also park on the road outside. Post code is RH5 6BY

If you're coming by train, then leave Box Hill and Westhumble Station, turn right down the hill to the junction with the A24. Either take the subway under the dual carriageway, or turn left and immediately get into the right lane, 2nd exit at the roundabout and the entrance Ryka's is on your left after around 100m.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Looks good, @Del C

For anyone who might need to make the route shorter, looks like there is an option at about 65KMs to continue straight on at the cross-roads by Gomshall rather than turning left to do the loop through chilworth etc...

Del C

Veteran
Looks good, @Del C

For anyone who might need to make the route shorter, looks like there is an option at about 65KMs to continue straight on at the cross-roads by Gomshall rather than turning left to do the loop through chilworth etc...
It’s actually at Shere. If you zoom in you’ll find Shere is hidden by the route mapping and kilometre markers.

But that is an option, either by just going straight across the A25 and picking up the last section of the route, or just returning via the A25.

But you’ll miss the beauty of Barhatch Lane if you do that!

Top Bottom