Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Wear a mask......... or don't wear a mask.............. or drive to Barnard Castle.............. or just make up anything you feel like. Works for some people!
And your point is ?
I got this text after I had already been up north for 3 days
Not a lot I could do about that surely ?
When I get home I will look at it in more detail but I am guessing it is saying no non essential travel
If so then I will have to wait till next time to meet up
And allow me to go American for a mo - I was looking forward to whupping some ass 😁

Del C

Veteran
And your point is ?
I got this text after I had already been up north for 3 days
Not a lot I could do about that surely ?
When I get home I will look at it in more detail but I am guessing it is saying no non essential travel
If so then I will have to wait till next time to meet up
And allow me to go American for a mo - I was looking forward to whupping some ass 😁
No point at all, really. Just thought it was time to write some crap.

Shame if you can’t make it, but understandable In the current circumstances. I still won’t go anywhere indoors or any big gathering of people as I don’t trust the ‘advice‘ we are getting.

kipster

Guru
No point at all, really. Just thought it was time to write some crap.

Shame if you can’t make it, but understandable In the current circumstances. I still won’t go anywhere indoors or any big gathering of people as I don’t trust the ‘advice‘ we are getting.

I'm the same, there has been so much change of advice, I don't know who to trust. I really appreciated the invite to come, and would love to join, but my wife hasn't been well and if 'm honest about it, I don't want to put her at further risk by cycling with people whose covid-19 circumstances I have no idea about. I'm probably being over cautious, but I have settled into a cycling routine which has meant I'm cycling with the same few people week in, week out.

That and the fact that I'm down on fitness for where I should be at this time of year, that I feel slow, and there are lots on hills on the ride :-)

The weather looks to be on your side, and I'm sure you will all have a great ride. What could go wrong with the turbo cycle chat crew cycling outdoors. Missed turns (and extra miles), and falling off seem to the the general order of the day.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
“whupping arse”? Don’t remember any of this big talking before you were being held back...

1598518030949.gif

BurningLegs

Veteran
I'm still hoping to make it. Got a pass from the Mrs but recovering from a cold (negative cov19 test).

Haven't ridden for a week now but planning to get on the turbo tomorrow. If I feel good during and after then I'm in !

bobinski

Legendary Member
I threw my back out Sunday and apart from a commute have not been in bike since.TTT tonight too 😬 So, will have to wait and see.

Until the last week or so I have only mixed with family and a few work colleagues at the office -practicing social distancing etc. In fact I am responsible for implementing the new covid rules at our Waterloo office. But courts are pressing us to attend in person and so I am coming into contact, either in public transport or at court, with a lot of people. Most are being careful. On trains for example perhaps 9 in 10 people are wearing masks. Everyone is wearing them too in court buildings- though not the cells. I am pretty sure I had Covid in March so bar tiny risk of second infection I am reasonably comfortable with risk. So I still hope to join Sunday. As we all know the greater risk I represent is falling into someone 😁

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I threw my back out Sunday and apart from a commute have not been in bike since.TTT tonight too 😬 So, will have to wait and see.

Until the last week or so I have only mixed with family and a few work colleagues at the office -practicing social distancing etc. In fact I am responsible for implementing the new covid rules at our Waterloo office. But courts are pressing us to attend in person and so I am coming into contact, either in public transport or at court, with a lot of people. Most are being careful. On trains for example perhaps 9 in 10 people are wearing masks. Everyone is wearing them too in court buildings- though not the cells. I am pretty sure I had Covid in March so bar tiny risk of second infection I am reasonably comfortable with risk. So I still hope to join Sunday. As we all know the greater risk I represent is falling into someone 😁
SisIL and Niece (around the time her school had several confirmed cases) went down with something very nasty in March. Neither had a test, but did isolate as best they could. None of their family, nor I (I visited when both were ill but advice was not clear about contacts/visits), had any illness, at the time, or since.

I think none of us will totally avoid coming into contact with this virus. But we can just try not to, unwittingly, pass it on to others with reasonable precautions (I wear a mask and gloves in areas I don't control).

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Up Yorkshire we were stopping in the middle of nowhere on a farm
The one day we went anywhere ( Whitby ) I was amazed how lax things were , not a lot wearing masks , and I sat to people watch for a while as they were going in and out the arcades - no cleaning was going on in between users of fruit machines and it was rammed in there
I wore my mask constantly as I have been told I am close to high risk , even so I was glad to leave there
I am now home and will not be seeing anyone in the near future as I have now got 2 houses to tile throughout and will be the only one in each till I am done - at least a month
Annoyed I will miss the meet up but it’s fair enough to say I am a risk at moment , normally I would have no problem with me hampering the meeting As I do not go out and don’t see anyone thru the day
I hope you will all be gutted that I can’t make it but don’t cry too much as I will make the next - and please please try to capture any calamities on camera
Looks like weather is on your side and have a good time
Try and set a decent time up box

Top Bottom