Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
The Chaingang...

Bob heading towards Glastonbury Tor (in the distance)

Everyone looking happy

But not as happy as Bill!

Cafe stop - hang on where's Bob....

...ah, here he is, buying ALL THE FOOD (look how pleased he is with himself!)!

I had the Best. Cake. Ever. #sprinkles

Photo stop at Glastonbury Tor (bloody tourists)

Bob pretending he's happy after the Ebbor Gorge climb

Kipster's not as good at acting

To be continued....

bridgy

Legendary Member
At the top of Ebbor Gorge, Lee's like "Hill? What hill?"

Gratuitous bike photo at the pub

The reason kipster looks like that is he got cramp at the exact moment I took this photo ^_^

:cheers:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Always good to have an official photographer on a ride and to be able bore the family with the pictures😁 And on Father’s Day!
Sadly Martin wasn’t quick enough grabbing a picture after a bird shat in me 😀

Norry1

Legendary Member
Great ride yesterday and good to meet up with new and old CC'ers. Thanks for organising @bridgy and putting together an excellent route. I asked Rich if you and he worked for the Somerset Tourist Board - you pretty much ticked all the boxes yesterday.

I was a mile off your 2018 time up the official 100 Climbs segment - so it looks pretty safe. I enjoyed the ascent (both times) but the descent with @kipster and Rich even more ^_^

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It looks like you set the pace up the Gorge martin 👍

Norry1

Legendary Member
It looks like you set the pace up the Gorge martin 👍

Yes...... but only by cheating :laugh:

I arrived early, so I warmed up quickly and then had a first ascent. I also made sure I parked my car just after the segment start and made everyone ride to me and wait while I faffed around. Worked perfectly :okay:

To be fair, I did set my best ever 10 minute power going up, so I was trying hard :wacko:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Great ride yesterday and good to meet up with new and old CC'ers. Thanks for organising @bridgy and putting together an excellent route. I asked Rich if you and he worked for the Somerset Tourist Board - you pretty much ticked all the boxes yesterday.

I was a mile off your 2018 time up the official 100 Climbs segment - so it looks pretty safe. I enjoyed the ascent (both times) but the descent with @kipster and Rich even more ^_^
But will it be safe when Lee pops out this morning for a cheeky ascent before breakfast??

(No, it won't :laugh:)

kipster

Guru

That descent was great fun, those pesky cars slowing us down 😬😂

Spartak