Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I've just checked the FAQs and I'm not sure I'll be able to defer the TOC entry to next year as I didn't buy deferral protection. It says you can defer to 2022 if you can't make the date but that you had to do this by March.

I might be missing something though- if it's possible to defer I might be up for that and doing the Dragon ride instead this year - but I don't really want to lose my entry fee if its not

I know what you’re saying mate. It’ll be annoying if we have to lose that money. I’ll try emailing them tomorrow. Maybe another wat to look at it is that you’re prob not going to France this year. So really you’re actually saving money on that trip. Also I’ve already talked lee into it. Also I’ll go on about it all day Saturday. So by the time you’ve had a couple of pints after the Cheddar ride you’ll be signed up anyway. So really you’ll be saving yourself a headache later if you just accept it now 👍👍

bridgy

Legendary Member
I know what you’re saying mate. It’ll be annoying if we have to lose that money. I’ll try emailing them tomorrow. Maybe another wat to look at it is that you’re prob not going to France this year. So really you’re actually saving money on that trip. Also I’ve already talked lee into it. Also I’ll go on about it all day Saturday. So by the time you’ve had a couple of pints after the Cheddar ride you’ll be signed up anyway. So really you’ll be saving yourself a headache later if you just accept it now 👍👍
:surrender:

bridgy

Legendary Member
:thumbsup:

You know it makes sense 😄

For what it’s worth they’re also selling a special edition dragon ride rapha pro team jersey for £80 which isn’t a bad deal really.
Firstly, is this definitely the event you are looking at https://www.dragonride.co.uk/ ?

Secondly, which distance?

Thirdly, it says you can't currently buy entry for this year as it was sold out, but have to register your interest for a limited number of resale places - is that what you found?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Firstly, is this definitely the event you are looking at https://www.dragonride.co.uk/ ?

Secondly, which distance?

Thirdly, it says you can't currently buy entry for this year as it was sold out, but have to register your interest for a limited number of resale places - is that what you found?

That’s the one mate

207 km (I think I said I’d do the course in 5 1/2 hours)

I got an email to say I could take a place and I clicked the link and bought in. I’ll forward you the email. Lee managed to buy in without getting the email I think. @berty bassett how did you do it bud?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Paul, when you get the link make sure you can scroll down to the 207km route. Not all the options showed on my phone so I am signed up for the 98km event and need to ring and try and swap to the 207km this morning. Might be best to do it through pc.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am now swapped over onto the 207km route. There seem to be lots of space available at the moment before goes on general sale tomorrow.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Ah so it is… I think I’ll try and defer my Cambridge place. Just on the premise that this might be a nice change. Would you guys be interested in doing the same?

Afraid that is my "A" race for this year so much as I'd like to do the Dragon, I'll be doing ToC.

kipster

Guru
I just mowed the front and back gardens, no riding until I replace the front wheel I buggered up on Sunday. New wheels are here but I'm going to replace the tyres as well, and maybe the chain before Saturday. Fingers crossed the tyres arrive tomorrow.

Top Bottom