Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Do we go up it twice?
No, up once and down once. Tommy is a maverick so maybe he'll go up and down all day until he tops the leaderboard......

Norry1

Legendary Member
1623684106724.png

:biggrin::biggrin: :stop::laugh:

kipster

Guru
I'm going to take in the sight of the gorge on the way up as I'll be concentrating on the way down and won't be able to look at anything but the road ahead. It would be shame to not take in the splendor of it all. Plus I'm an old git and the legs won't have warmed up by the time we got the bottom.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm going to take in the sight of the gorge on the way up as I'll be concentrating on the way down and won't be able to look at anything but the road ahead. It would be shame to not take in the splendor of it all. Plus I'm an old git and the legs won't have warmed up by the time we got the bottom.
Me too :okay:. Also - and I don't really want to be handing out excuses for people already - but we'll also be loaded up with water etc at the start of a 75 mile ride so not ideal for hill climbing KOM attempts.

Anyway, I'm off to remove all excess weight from my bike and do a half hour warm up on the turbo....

kipster

Guru
Me too :okay:. Also - and I don't really want to be handing out excuses for people already - but we'll also be loaded up with water etc at the start of a 75 mile ride so not ideal for hill climbing KOM attempts.

Anyway, I'm off to remove all excess weight from my bike and do a half hour warm up on the turbo....
From what I remember Bob will have at least 5 bidons and will refill them all at the stop, Tommy will have two but he uses a special lightweight water and 5g bottles made from some high tech material made by hand in outer Mongolia.

Actually Bob uses three of his as fenders like on boats, for his inevitable tumble.....

Sorry Bob, I couldn't resist

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
From what I remember Bob will have at least 5 bidons and will refill them all at the stop, Tommy will have two but he uses a special lightweight water and 5g bottles made from some high tech material made by hand in outer Mongolia.

Actually Bob uses three of his as fenders like on boats, for his inevitable tumble.....

Sorry Bob, I couldn't resist

Pretty sure one of themhas a life jacket in it, just in case he lands in water.

My bottles on the other hand, are being used as they’re the only ones that fit in my cages. It’s just a coincidence they’re also the lightest :cuppa:

Top Bottom