Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm hoping to come along, probably there and back the same day. Most of my riding has been at an endurance point so I won't be racing up the gorge, not that I would stand much of a chance anyway....

I'm assuming the general idea is a social ride?

Bob, I'll be on skinny tyres as I bought the wrong size and couldn't be arsed to send them back. I'm sure the roads can't be much worse than the ones local to me.

Yeah, I will stick my 25’s on👍

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm hoping to come along, probably there and back the same day. Most of my riding has been at an endurance point so I won't be racing up the gorge, not that I would stand much of a chance anyway....

Bob, I'll be on skinny tyres as I bought the wrong size and couldn't be arsed to send them back. I'm sure the roads can't be much worse than the ones local to me.

It’d be great if you could make it Kip. You’d bring a bit of organisation to the pack for sure. It’s definitely a social ride for me too mate for what it’s worth. Smashing up a climb with 70+ miles to go doesn’t really float my boat!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Paul, are the roads that bad? I am running 35mm Schwalbe G one tyres and was going to swap them for something a bit more racy.
They're mostly fine Bob - just a bit rough on some of the smaller back roads, but nothing a normal road bike setup can't cope with. I have 28s and they're fine- doesn't stop me moaning about "the state of these roads" though :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member

That would be awesome Paul if you can make it too ^_^. Yes, definitely the plan as far as I'm concerned is a social ride. I did joke about racing up the gorge, but I won't be- I live here, I can race up it any time I like, so I'm not going to do that when I have another 75 miles to ride!

The ride profile is a hill to start (Cheddar Gorge), then lots of flat on the Somerset Levels, and then hilly again at the end, with a descent back down to Cheddar. So I think we can re- group at the top of Cheddar Gorge at the start, then stay together on the flat, and then if we do split up on the hills at the end - we'll that's the end of the ride anyway.

Really glad you can join us - haven't seen you since the Isle of Wight!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Lightweight :smile:

Not exactly Shakespearean is it lads…:laugh:

Not the reaction I was expecting from you three either! Assuming you guys take up your usual positions, hanging on to my back wheel for most of the ride, I assumed you’d be happy to see me conserve some energy early on. Just no pleasing some people 🤷‍♂️

bridgy

Legendary Member
🧐

Top Bottom