Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks for a great cycle yesterday chaps and thanks very much for organising it Paul. I'm feeling much happier with my lack of fitness now because I made it round even though there was no chance I'd manage that last climb. Thanks Ian for slowing to my pace when you could easily go faster and taking me the route that wouldn't leave me as a broken wreck of a man (like at the end of the Double Devil). That Doombar at the end was almost as good as my date and oat slice at the half way point. It was really interesting listening to Martyn talk about his training/racing ambitions and so I took this (new to me concept) of recovery rides to heart and am just home from my 10 miles at 150 watts. Yesterday I'd have said no chance of doing that but already forgotten the pain by this morning.
Can't wait for the next meet up after this one being such a success.

Good to meet you Bill. Nice one doing the recovery ride 👍 We'll be boring you with Zone 2 next 😀

@bridgy
Just saw the Strava climb of @berty bassett. He came close. More goats and gravel needed next time.

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy
Just saw the Strava climb of @berty bassett. He came close. More goats and gravel needed next time.
Aha, Strava has now matched up some uphill segments to his ride this morning- they weren't there before! And as you say, definitely slower :biggrin:. Must have forgotten to charge up your hill climbing button overnight @berty bassett ;)

:dance:

berty bassett

Legendary Member

berty bassett

Legendary Member
the gpx of that ride was wrong ( hadnt got me on the road ) but found a lovely programme - wtracks, you put the gpx file into it and you can move either whole track or waypoiints - very handy

Norry1

Legendary Member
But… does anyone have an appetite for a new kit design? There’s quite a few new guys in the group since the last jersey was produced. And I think it’s fair to say unless you have a high tolerance for itchy potato sacks the last jersey wasn’t a complete success. Although one thing it did confirm is that it was great seeing us all in the same clobber so might be worth another bash?

Should be worth 20 or 30 pages of forum chatter :smile:

.....Black kit gets my vote :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob just sneaking into the top 10 👍. Although his time suggests he may of been keeping up his tradition of aquatinting himself with the local shrubbery 😁

At least I made it there mate 🖕😁
4956C14D-4BD9-4D7E-832E-BF2ABC1085A7.jpeg

BILL S

Guru
Good to meet you Bill. Nice one doing the recovery ride 👍 We'll be boring you with Zone 2 next 😀
And good to meet you too Martin. I wasn't sure if we'd met before at a previous Wales DD meetup or not. I never got into all the technical stuff like Zones but I probably should as I'm wondering about trying some road racing next :laugh:. Seems quite funny now but I really might do it soon..

Norry1

Legendary Member
And good to meet you too Martin. I wasn't sure if we'd met before at a previous Wales DD meetup or not. I never got into all the technical stuff like Zones but I probably should as I'm wondering about trying some road racing next :laugh:. Seems quite funny now but I really might do it soon..

No, I've not done the DD.

Road Racing is awesome - but be prepared for a good old shock to the system. Have a look at Masters Racing.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Top Bottom