Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/2572484
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/168400/3-Counties-100-2018
anyone interested in this ? i think i will turn up on the day anyway - unless others are up for it - i know a fair bit of the route , some nice little hills all along the course
I may have been tempted to come down for that Berty but I've already signed up for my first one of the year that's on the same date (29 Apr).
Anyone in the Chester area then?....http://www.wirralwheelers.co.uk/2018Event.html

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve got one pencilled in for the weekend after that

https://www.bike-events.co.uk/Ride.aspx?id=629&n=y

I think generally I’ll struggle to join rides that I can’t get to the morning of the event. Partly because of the family. But also because, well let’s face it... it’s grim up north! :laugh:

Seriously though... I’ll make overnight plans if we arrange meet ups everyone joins. I.e ones we’ve organised ourselves like the IOW ride. Cheddar gorge or something similar. I also have family in Leeds and like the look of that one. Have any of you guys entered it yet?
But generally speaking I’m probably more likely to stick to the sunny south to get my weekend kicks. Not only is it close to home, but people don’t try and talk to eachother, which is always much appreciated :tongue:

CXRAndy

Guru
I’ve got one pencilled in for the weekend after that

https://www.bike-events.co.uk/Ride.aspx?id=629&n=y

I think generally I’ll struggle to join rides that I can’t get to the morning of the event. Partly because of the family. But also because, well let’s face it... it’s grim up north! :laugh:

Seriously though... I’ll make overnight plans if we arrange meet ups everyone joins. I.e ones we’ve organised ourselves like the IOW ride. Cheddar gorge or something similar. I also have family in Leeds and like the look of that one. Have any of you guys entered it yet?
But generally speaking I’m probably more likely to stick to the sunny south to get my weekend kicks. Not only is it close to home, but people don’t try and talk to eachother, which is always much appreciated :tongue:

The tour de Yorkshire has sold out on long course Tommy. My kids backed out of it, so I wont be going either

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Tommy
Are you not in Sri Lanka? If so and depending on where you are etc. this is where my son is.
http://www.ecrf.lk/

I am still in Sri Lanka mate. I’m pretty sure we’ve already driven vaguely through that area on the way to Kandy. We’ve been to an elephant orphanage already not too far from there I don’t think, which was quite special. Your boys very lucky to be doing a gap year hear Bob. Well to be doing a gap year at all is a great thing. I’d moved out of home before I was 17 so it wasn’t an option for me. But every kid should get the chance without a doubt. And to be doing a gap year here is very magical. You know yourself from your own travels in to India what a great part of the world it is. We’re only here for a couple of weeks which isn’t really enough time but probably is with a four year old on board... having said that I wouldn’t fancy riding a bike around these parts. Just crossing the road is scary enough!

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am still in Sri Lanka mate. I’m pretty sure we’ve already driven vaguely through that area on the way to Kandy. We’ve been to an elephant orphanage already not too far from there I don’t think, which was quite special. Your boys very lucky to be doing a gap year hear Bob. Well to be doing a gap year at all is a great thing. I’d moved out of home before I was 17 so it wasn’t an option for me. But every kid should get the chance without a doubt. And to be doing a gap year here is very magical. You know yourself from your own travels in to India what a great part of the world it is. We’re only here for a couple of weeks which isn’t really enough time but probably is with a four year old on board... having said that I wouldn’t fancy riding a bike around these parts. Just crossing the road is scary enough!

It’s not a gap year really. He is not interested in university. Just likes to work. He’s worked hard long hours in Leon raising money to go out again and get proper hands on experience with a view taking it into a job. Well, it’s a bit more complicated than that. Anyway, I am proper proud of him.

Tommy, sounds like you are having a great time. You got the squits yet given all the food you have been eating?

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

It’s not a gap year really. He is not interested in university. Just likes to work. He’s worked hard long hours in Leon raising money to go out again and get proper hands on experience with a view taking it into a job. Well, it’s a bit more complicated than that. Anyway, I am proper proud of him.

Tommy, sounds like you are having a great time. You got the squits yet given all the food you have been eating?

Ah that’s very cool. Yes I should widen that statement to say that every kid should try and take the opportunity to travel. Good on him for having the initiative! I never went to uni either so maybe I’m biased.

No squits yet (touch wood!) :blink:

A friend from work is there also. Weird. Before she left I was giving her a hard time about the no social media thing but glad to see it didn't cover Cyclechat.
It's a small world but like the comedian says I wouldn't want to paint it.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

A friend from work is there also. Weird. Before she left I was giving her a hard time about the no social media thing but glad to see it didn't cover Cyclechat.
It's a small world but like the comedian says I wouldn't want to paint it.

:smile:

I’ve been pretty restrained to be honest. but clicking onto CycleChat is a bit of a reflex action when I’ve got nothing to do...
I’ve only been checking my work email once a day just after breakfast too so not bad at all by my standards.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Last edited:
Top Bottom