Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
we only have hills with about 100-150ft climb around here so i like trying to charge up them fairly hard almost like fartlek but i have got in the habit of trying hard up hills and coasting down them that i guess isn't for the best -- i found it totally alien to be pedalling like the clappers towards the needles in IOW

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Where are you thinking of getting the jersey's from? I need to design/order some for the London-Paris trip I'm organising. I'll be needing either 12 or 36 (depending whether we have 1 or 3 each) so any recommendations of retailer would be welcome.

We were looking at a brand called “akuma” Pete. I’m not sure if anyone had actually got a jersey from them before to be honest. Or if we settled on them because they seem like good value, reasonable priced. And also they have a relatively easy to use design your own kit, type function. Their are defo guys in here who have experience designing or getting team kit. Kipstsr, I think Bob, Jim maybe others (?). Hopefully one of them is more helpful.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

we only have hills with about 100-150ft climb around here so i like trying to charge up them fairly hard almost like fartlek but i have got in the habit of trying hard up hills and coasting down them that i guess isn't for the best -- i found it totally alien to be pedalling like the clappers towards the needles in IOW

Yeah to be fair I should of added to my response that I really like hill climbing so I’m prob s little biased. So I wasn’t trying to completely dismiss your opinion Andy. I think your method is also probably very effective.
I have a hill near me called Swaines lane which is in that 100 climbs bible type thing. It’s quiet, steep and has no traffic lights which is pretty unique in London. So it’s ideal for me. Living in the Uk we’re going to struggle to find anything that compares to the mountains of Europe. So it’s a bit of a compromise whatever approach you take.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I’ve no experience in designing tops but I have bought some of the jerseys/shorts from the Chinese market - wish.com is a great example. I mainly purchase from these guys for turboing however, if the weather is warm enough, I have ventured out in the gear and it’s comfortable enough. Ive been surprised with the quality - it isn’t too bad at all, including the shorts n pad. Ive had a zip go on a jersey once, but other than that.. cheap n cheerful.. sizing is a bit of a gamble.. I’m 5’ 10 and 13 stone and have bought xl..

If there is a jersey design for ‘team CycleChat’ I’d have one.

Ps.. very jealous of your Sri Lanka trip.. I have a great fondness for that part of the world..

:thumbsup:

CXRAndy

Guru
No worries Tommy, no offense. I'm only really competitive on hills upto 0.5mile, where I can throw some watts at them, after that I settle into a paced climb. I remember in Tenerife there was a 2.5mile climb followed by a mile flat section . I was left 100 yards behind, but whizzed over the flat section to overtake all my group, one by one they came passed on the next few miles :smile:

Horses for courses

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I’ve no experience in designing tops but I have bought some of the jerseys/shorts from the Chinese market - wish.com is a great example. I mainly purchase from these guys for turboing however, if the weather is warm enough, I have ventured out in the gear and it’s comfortable enough. Ive been surprised with the quality - it isn’t too bad at all, including the shorts n pad. Ive had a zip go on a jersey once, but other than that.. cheap n cheerful.. sizing is a bit of a gamble.. I’m 5’ 10 and 13 stone and have bought xl..

If there is a jersey design for ‘team CycleChat’ I’d have one.

Ps.. very jealous of your Sri Lanka trip.. I have a great fondness for that part of the world..

:thumbsup:

It’s been brilliant so far Jim, you’d love it mate :smile:. Lovely country and people. My only regret is that we’re not here for longer. Trying to pack in as much as possible. So being up and posting on here at 12:40am with a busy day tomorrow is probably a little unwise....But I needed my CycleChat fix! :addict:

Getting geared up (or geared down) for the Double devil.
@Whorty have a sram rival 1 rear derailleur if you want to set up a simple single front chainring. It lets you just go up and down without thinking. I only used it for a few weeks so it's like new. I'll never use it so buy me a cider in Wales and I'll post it to you.

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_131503.jpg
    IMG_20180324_131503.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 35

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Getting geared up (or geared down) for the Double devil.
@Whorty have a sram rival 1 rear derailleur if you want to set up a simple single front chainring. It lets you just go up and down without thinking. I only used it for a few weeks so it's like new. I'll never use it so buy me a cider in Wales and I'll post it to you.
Thanks for the offer @Randyberlin I'm still determined to get the single speed, ride it around here for a bit and see how the local hills feel. If not too bad I'll go with the single speed at the DD, but if I think it's going to be too tough I'll go for the geared Boardman.

bridgy

Legendary Member
It’s a bit over the top even for Rapha.

You do recall We can’t even agree on a top! And I am not going all black^_^

La Passion have some lovely logo free kit or how about this as an extreme alternative

https://www.prendas.co.uk/collectio...ing/products/fundacion-euskadi-replica-jersey

Complete kit inc socks and caps and tickles my political leanings too.
I actually really like that jersey Bob!

@peterob the company we were looking at for team jerseys was Akuma - basically because the price was reasonable and they have quite a good and easy to use design tool for you to design your own kit - https://www.akumacycling.com/kit-designer

I would probably be happy to get a "team" jersey for our meet-ups - I think the process grinding to a halt was perhaps my fault to some extent as I got a bit carried away with doing to many design options! It's very hard to please everyone though

Top Bottom