Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I always preferred ‘chaingang’ to ‘vrcc’ or similar. It’s a bit more fun. But I prefer berry’s design for an emblem to this one to be honest. Not that it can’t be tweaked.
If we called ourselves ‘the chaingang’ rather than ‘chaingang cc’, we could design jerseys that look like old convicts unforms with the stripes on. View attachment 401764 View attachment 401765

Obv short sleeve cycle jerseys as opposed to baggy long sleeve so you have to use a bit of imagination but it might be more fun than a standard cycle jersey. I sort of think we’re not really a cycleclub anyway to be honest. We’re a bunch of pals who met online who meet up for a laugh and a ride. Cc sounds quite formal and vrcc sounds a little dull doesn’t it?

I can’t claim this idea. I actually met a guy doing the London to Brighton last year whose since become a friend. And his cycle buddy’s had a similar outfit that looked really cool. It also lends itself quite well to putting names or nick names on the back.
It was this idea that made me suggest the name chaingang originally. We all met on the chaingang. Just not the one cool hand Luke was on...

If you think this is too far out there and I’m mental please say. You should know I’m pretty thick skinned by now!

WTF have you started:headshake:Gangsta Tommy.

Still, I am clearly in a minority of one...

:biggrin:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just designed this - £35 per jersey if an order of 10+ and can have personalised names too as far as I can tell. (Here's yours Bob as you clearly like the idea so much!)

chaingang jersey3.jpg

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just designed this - £35 per jersey if an order of 10+ and can have personalised names too as far as I can tell. (Here's yours Bob as you clearly like the idea so much!)

View attachment 401793

Well done mate that looks ace! I like that font you’ve used too.

It’s ticking lots of boxes for me. Somewhat original-Ish... it’ll stand out in a crowd. Make people smile etc.

:biggrin:

You do realise it will need matching black shorts only and matching socks? Anything else would just look....wrong.

Agreed. But black shorts are pretty standard. I’d suggest black shorts that are as plain as possible. I.e some brand name is probably unavoidable but try and avoid flicks of other colours. And either white or black socks.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Wouldn’t have my name on it though, probably just chainfang both sides.. ken?
I like it too ^_^.

Couldn't you just get a nickname like Jim Beam or something?

Btw, the reason I don't use my real name on Strava is the east european gangs which could easily pinpoint my location if they combined the info from my rides and the phonebook.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Carl I wish you well on the DD, however if you blow your legs up early due to the steep gradient s .you will have nothing left to turn the pedals later on
Andy, 1 of 3 things will happen ....

1) I bonk early and need the broom wagon to save me
2) I find it too easy and set a blistering pace that the others can't keep up with
3) I find it really hard but manage to pace myself and push through

I think we all know 2) is unlikely and whilst 1) is possible, having ridden a SS in London for a few years I know how they ride, the gearing etc. and what I'm capable of (or at least, what I was then and I'm a stronger rider now) 3) is the most likely - I just need to remember to get off and walk when I hit hills too steep and not try to be macho and get up everything. Rest when I need to, take in food and drink, and not go off too fast (which is hard to do on a SS anyway as the gearing will hold my speed constant).

The worst part will be the last 20 or so miles when I can't change down to an easier gear. The bikes I'm looking at though are all about 70 gear inches, so not high at all (think small 34 ring on front, and 3rd smallest 13/14 gear on rear) - try it, it's a really easy gear to cruise on and still keep at a nice pace and cadence. Steep hills will be hard, but rolling and flats should be fine.

Of course, if 1) proves to be the case I'm sure you'll all be on here telling me so and I will deserve all the stick I get :tongue:

Top Bottom