Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Its going to take a month to finalize the design :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I know what you’re saying about standing out. But no one’s going to look at that and get the chaingang reference are they? For me it just looks like what it is. A compromise. I’ll go with whatever the majority wants but in the spirit of being honest, I don’t think it works for me.
Other people not getting the reference wouldn't bother me - but I actually do like the stripes. Fully accept it if you don't like it though. What did you have in mind then @TurboTommy ? I know you like the full black and white stripes but that divided opinion. I seem to remember the designs you (or your other half!) suggested when we last were doing this were quite subtle/single colour suggestions? What colour(s) would you go for? I don't mind trying to come up with something everyone is happy with if that's possible!

bridgy

Legendary Member
chaingnag 8.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
can we not just have a straight vote between the black and white convict style and the recent blue top with black and white stripes? Both with Chaingang on the shirts with space for nickname if wanted. Then, from the straight vote between the two the one that wins, wins and we all go for it :okay: I know which one I prefer, but I'll also go with majority if the vote goes against my excellent taste :biggrin:

bridgy

Legendary Member
OK, last chance to make any other suggestion re: colour etc. - if anyone makes a clear suggestion I'm happy to try and mock something else up.

Otherwise, I will post a FINAL shortlist (including the one we voted on before but I don't really like too much even though I designed it!) and then we'll have to make a decision and go for it!

Carl, I'd rather not go for the full convict one if it will actually put some people off enough not to get one when they might have otherwise. Whatever we choose won't please everyone completely but as long as we can all compromise enough to at least get something we'd be comfortable wearing, that's the main thing.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
OK, last chance to make any other suggestion re: colour etc. - if anyone makes a clear suggestion I'm happy to try and mock something else up.

Otherwise, I will post a FINAL shortlist (including the one we voted on before but I don't really like too much even though I designed it!) and then we'll have to make a decision and go for it!

Carl, I'd rather not go for the full convict one if it will actually put some people off enough not to get one when they might have otherwise. Whatever we choose won't please everyone completely but as long as we can all compromise enough to at least get something we'd be comfortable wearing, that's the main thing.
I do get that, but so long as everyone who votes agrees to go with the group decision even if they don't like the shirt that much, I think that's fair. For example, I didn't really like the one we selected last time but as the group decided that was the best at that time I'd have gone with it. For me the convict one is the best so far so not having that in would be a compromise for me ... if you know what I mean.

I think anyone who has a vote commits to buying a shirt that the group selects, and if someone doesn't think they will get one whichever shirt is picked then maybe they don't vote? this way, from the voting, we'll also now how many shirts we will be ordering and if we will hit the 10+ target to get the bulk discount.

I'd also say we should have 3 at most in the shortlist, and that the designs should be completely different, so that the preferred design is clear (I think last time we had too many designs that were very similar).

So for me, a shortlist with maybe the one we chose last time, the blue one from today with black stripes and the convict (or some other design that is totally different from the other 2) would be good.

We all get one vote. If you vote you commit to buying the winner. The winner is the one with most votes. In the case of a draw, round two is between the two that drew. How's that :okay:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I think the reality is that the more intricate, quirky or complicated the design the more it’ll split opinion. Sort of stating the obvious really. We’re all going to have different taste, but the more neutral it is, the closer it’ll sit in the middle ground. Possibly no one will love it. But by the same token no one will hate it either.

I think to that end we should dismiss the jail house idea. I knew it was a bit left field when I suggested it. So it’s one of those that either everyone likes, or we move on.

Paul I suppose my own taste would be for something that’s not to busy if that makes sense? Not too much going on. For example I’m not sure that black and white really work with blue in my head n that design. But that’s just my taste.
I think if it was solely down to me I’d probably choose one colour. And then have a really strong emblem design, and our nicknames on the back. Or maybe one main colour with one or two secondary colours but nothing too out there. I think if we all look smart and in the same jersey we will stand out.

But I am genuinely happy to go with the majority. It’s a jersey I’m going to wear a few times a year. And it should be a laugh and a nice team thing.

Top Bottom