Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Nice achievement. But Rapha seem to have a habit of looking a bit wanka-Ish... know what I mean? And that’s coming from someone with a wardrobe full of rapha :rolleyes:

Having said that...: http://www.rapha.cc/rd/en/shop/pro-...team-bib-shorts-ii-bundle/product/BUN-H118041

Maybe we should colour coordinate and make our own video this summer :girldance: :highfive:

It’s a bit over the top even for Rapha.

You do recall We can’t even agree on a top! And I am not going all black^_^

La Passion have some lovely logo free kit or how about this as an extreme alternative

https://www.prendas.co.uk/collectio...ing/products/fundacion-euskadi-replica-jersey

Complete kit inc socks and caps and tickles my political leanings too.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It’s a bit over the top even for Rapha.

You do recall We can’t even agree on a top! And I am not going all black^_^

La Passion have some lovely logo free kit or how about this as an extreme alternative

https://www.prendas.co.uk/collectio...ing/products/fundacion-euskadi-replica-jersey

Complete kit inc socks and caps and tickles my political leanings too.

Exteondo gear is normally pretty good and prob underrated in the uk. That seems good value compared to lots of their stuff. Not sure about the colour though Bob. Not sure I can get away with justifying much more kit either to be honest... I hit the last sales pretty hard and I didn’t really ‘need’ what I bought then! I would like to get the team kit sorted though... @berty bassett I thinks it’s going to be down to you and me amigo. And maybe @bridgy?

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Exteondo gear is normally pretty good and prob underrated in the uk. That seems good value compared to lots of their stuff. Not sure about the colour though Bob. Not sure I can get away with justifying much more kit either to be honest... I hit the last sales pretty hard and I didn’t really ‘need’ what I bought then! I would like to get the team kit sorted though... @berty bassett I thinks it’s going to be down to you and me amigo. And maybe @bridgy?
making Bridgy our fashion guru eh ? that sounds like a good idea ^_^ how about his word is final ? - assuming he would take the job on ?!
hope your having a good time sir !

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I quite liked a couple of the jerseys on the site though. Have you bought from them before?
I have, I have a couple of the "Every one believes in something", Buy This Guy a Beer and a couple of the Welsh Dragon jerseys. Everything went fine, even one of the Jerseys had a faulty zip, the Jersey was replaced and I kept the old one ... Cost £7.50 to replace the zip puller!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

making Bridgy our fashion guru eh ? that sounds like a good idea ^_^ how about his word is final ? - assuming he would take the job on ?!
hope your having a good time sir !

I think we’re pretty much there mate. With a few minor tweaks to the emblem and jersey we should be ready to get them made up. Give Bridgy final say? Dunno about that. But we could definitely try and talk him into doing some of the leg work :secret:.

I’m having a blinding time thanks mate. Spent the whole day doing exactly zero. Happy days... My daughter has basically been adopted by the locals at this point. And I’ve packed my missus off for some type of spa day. So I’m sitting on my arse getting suitably pished and staring out to the ocean. While picking up browny points for my efforts. Life’s good! :angel:

CXRAndy

Guru
While picking up browny points for my efforts.

India
Metaphor?!

:biggrin:

peterob

Veteran
I think we’re pretty much there mate. With a few minor tweaks to the emblem and jersey we should be ready to get them made up. Give Bridgy final say? Dunno about that. But we could definitely try and talk him into doing some of the leg work :secret:.

I’m having a blinding time thanks mate. Spent the whole day doing exactly zero. Happy days... My daughter has basically been adopted by the locals at this point. And I’ve packed my missus off for some type of spa day. So I’m sitting on my arse getting suitably pished and staring out to the ocean. While picking up browny points for my efforts. Life’s good! :angel:
Where are you thinking of getting the jersey's from? I need to design/order some for the London-Paris trip I'm organising. I'll be needing either 12 or 36 (depending whether we have 1 or 3 each) so any recommendations of retailer would be welcome.

peterob

Veteran
I may have been tempted to come down for that Berty but I've already signed up for my first one of the year that's on the same date (29 Apr).
Anyone in the Chester area then?....http://www.wirralwheelers.co.uk/2018Event.html
I've just checked and it seems that this has sold out now in case anyone was tempted.

Looks like I'll be needing to get in some hill climbing training in the next few weeks. Church Hill from Glyn Ceiriog is on the route. Never ridden it before but it's meant to be a right biatch - 2 miles long with sections > 25% :eek:

CXRAndy

Guru
I've never really understood the hill training method for hills. I found that short interval workouts and long endurance rides were more than adequate for Climbing hills. That and the right gearing for particular hills you're going to attempt.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

I've never really understood the hill training method for hills. I found that short interval workouts and long endurance rides were more than adequate for Climbing hills. That and the right gearing for particular hills you're going to attempt.

I’m the complete opposite Andy. I think hill training is really useful. Partly because it can actually be used as interval training. For example if you have a hill that takes say 7 minutes to climb. And then a minute or so to descend afterwards. You can repeat this climb / descent to create an interval session. Then if you add the fact that a hills gradient is probably inconsistent / varied, and you are actually climbing a hill so working the relevant muscle groups attached to that. It really is incredibly beneficial for me. Plus personally I find it a bit more interesting. On top of that it also teaches and helps you work on cadence and gear shifting under load etc.
In reality it’s quite hard to do interval training anywhere other than a turbo or rollers. Ecspecially for someone who lives in a built up area.
I’d defo recommend the variety of training mate.

peterob

Veteran
I think to a large extent you are probably right Andy. But there's nothing like riding hills to improve on them and also overcome the 'fear' of them...once I complete a good one or set a PB for one I look forward to tackling it next time ^_^

Top Bottom