Turkey eggs on Christmas Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Where are they? Why aren't they for sale like chicken,duck and goose eggs? This'll be my first Christmas as a committed vegetarian:angel:. Obviously i wont be eating the flesh of a turkey but i thought i might have a turkey egg or two on the big day. All i can find online are these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1828974967...=9046602&device=c&campaignid=974198600&crdt=0 Have any of you tried a turkey egg? If so what are they like and where did you buy them?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Absolutely fowl.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

I may be wrong, but isn't it the case that just because a food contains a lot of cholesterol it doesn't increase the cholesterol of the person eating it? The human body, I think, doesn't produce cholesterol by absorbing it from the food we eat. I think prawns are another good example...cram packed with cholesterol

Nibor

Bewildered
As you pick up your turkey at the grocery store this week, you might wonder why you never see the birds' eggs for sale. Gobbling turkeys do lay eggs. But selling them in grocery stores would have its drawbacks.

Turkey eggs’ small numbers and big size make them less practical for the poultry section.

Chickens start reproducing early and pump out more eggs than turkeys. The larger size of turkey eggs requires more room to nest, which takes up too much space in a coop. Economically, meat from a grown turkey bird is much more valuable than an extra large fried egg.

How the flying fark can you be a veggy and eat eggs? Unbourn meat must be the least veggy thing you can eat from either a moral or any other ground for being a veggy. One 'committed' veggy i know lambasted me for eating fois gras ffs and he drives about with leather seats in his car. All double std plonkers imo.

Top Bottom