TV Licensing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 4909328, member: 259"]We have two Aussie mates of my daughter here at the moment. They've drunk the place dry and even the dog knows new swear words![/QUOTE]
Well, for your benefit.

"Root" in oz is a pretty good analogue for fark, without engaging a swear filter. So a mechanic might say - when you bring in a 20 year old car - "mate, it's rooted". Or asking of a young woman, who has made a brief appearance in front of a group of men in a teddy "does she root?"

Back in the day (the 80s), someone was selling ties and tie pins to young men for membership of the wombat club: Eats, roots and leaves.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Well, for your benefit.

"Root" in oz is a pretty good analogue for fark, without engaging a swear filter. So a mechanic might say - when you bring in a 20 year old car - "mate, it's rooted". Or asking of a young woman, who has made a brief appearance in front of a group of men in a teddy "does she root?"

Back in the day (the 80s), someone was selling ties and tie pins to young men for membership of the wombat club: Eats, roots and leaves.
Slightly confusing for those of us familiar with Unix-based operating systems…many people have rooted their Android phones, but certainly not in that context :smile:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4909328, member: 259"]We have two Aussie mates of my daughter here at the moment. They've drunk the place dry and even the dog knows new swear words![/QUOTE]

. They don't really have beer in Australia so can't blame them for getting a bit carried away

edit: and on the swearing thing, I was suprised they didn't know the word "bollocks" whether as an expletive or as a term meaning a thing wasn't of the highest quality. When I was there someone did eventually say "It's bullocks as pp would say"

Last edited:
Top Bottom