Tweed Run Ecosse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Anyone up for this one? Tweed Run Ecosse, an easy amble around the streets of Edinburgh. Meet at Thistle Street for 13:00. Dress code requires as much tweed as it is seemly to wear, and the more rustic your velocipede, the better. Route yet to be finalised. No charge, but we feel it only fair to ask that you donate a few groats to the Braveheart Fund and/or Children First.

OK so the full CC gear might not be appropriate on this ride, but we (mostly) know who we are and it looks like fun... :biggrin:

Coco

Certainly looks fun, though I'm not sure I've got any Tweed. Good causes too.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Auch it's a Sunday and as it's bank hol weekend I've no chance of getting it off. Same as this coming weekend I'm working Sunday and Monday :sad:
On the plus side I don't work Thursday, Fridays or Saturdays

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scook94 said:
For a while I thought this might be the excuse I needed to buy one of these, then I remembered we'll be in Paris that weekend! :tongue:

Simple solution, forget about Paris, buy cap, then remember that you have to go to Paris after all, but you will have the cap for any later occasions. Lets face it, if you have Rapha gear in the wardrobe you will always find a reason to wear it... :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
HJ said:
Simple solution, forget about Paris, buy cap, then remember that you have to go to Paris after all, but you will have the cap for any later occasions. Lets face it, if you have Rapha gear in the wardrobe you will always find a reason to wear it... :tongue:

You may have a point, plus, imagine how dapper I'd look strolling down Champs-Elysées wearing it! :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
HJ said:
Fixed that for you.

CC's very own Cathryn has even written a guide to help you :blush:

ooh! très intéressant, merci bien!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/damianspain/sets/72157608125500089/

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scook94 said:
ooh! très intéressant, merci bien!

Now you just need to convince your wife to join in and contribute to Parisian "cycle chic" ... (local bribe shopping required "let's get something practical for cycling ") :blush::sad:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HLaB said:
Its right in the middle of my exams and I don't own any tweed. Pity it looks fun!

You might need to clear your brain in between exams, to make space there for the next subject :sad:. What better than a wee local bike ride?

There's plenty of tweed stuff in the charity shops ... and you can donate it again afterwards if you don't want to make a regular habit of cycling in tweed!

Go on, you want to ...
:blush:

T

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
HLaB said:
Its right in the middle of my exams and I don't own any tweed. Pity it looks fun!

No excuse, you will always perform better in exams if you fit in a wee bit of relaxation time. As for the tweed, a quick trip to Armstrong's will soon sort that out... :blush:

I got my first kilt from Armstrong's in the Grassmarket...

Telemark said:
You might need to clear your brain in between exams, to make space there for the next subject :sad:. What better than a wee local bike ride?

There's plenty of tweed stuff in the charity shops ... and you can donate it again afterwards if you don't want to make a regular habit of cycling in tweed!

Go on, you want to ...
:blush:

T
Cheers, I think I'll pass this time.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have a couple off tweed scarves I got in Harris, one being a bright red training piece, so, who knows, I might just be there, and if you don't mind the initial itchyness, I can lend you the other more boring dark blue herring bone one if you want.

Red tweeed?? yes, it does exist.

Just a pity I'll have the tank and not something rustic looking, no, just rusty looking instead!! :biggrin::laugh:

Danm, I knew I should have bought that Pashley Guv'nor when I had the chance!!!

Anyway, the tank is just my old/interim bike before I get something else better.

Top Bottom