.....twelve cogs....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
11-speed on a five speed hub?

Sharky

Guru
Looks good. After swapping my compact double, for a single 40t, running with normal 9 cassette and RD, I would agree with the thoughts that doubles are now a relic of the past.

Suddenly the light goes on for me and I slap my forehead. That's what I needed all these years, a 500%range! Why didn't I notice before that what's missing from my life is a whopping 500% range? And throw stiffer, lighter and, wait for it, tougher into the mix and voila, heaven right here on earth.

Not being able to find the diagram I'm looking for, I'll try this one.

CLG03.gif

How is the alignment of the chain going to be affected with a single front chainring when it has to run across 12 rear cogs?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not being able to find the diagram I'm looking for, I'll try this one.

CLG03.gif

How is the alignment of the chain going to be affected with a single front chainring when it has to run across 12 rear cogs?
Never use small/small

Also in a single ring you would set it up so the single ring is were the middle of that front triple is......with no front dereauiler to worry about the chain aligns smoothly accross all 10/11/12 rear cogs.

Throw in a clutched rear mech and you get even smoother changes due to no chain slap...

Go on ask me how i know ;)

Top Bottom