Twitter rebrands as X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I doubt it's "most" yet. One day it probably will be. Got any numbers?
According to the RAC it was 80% of all new cars in 2016 so I'm sure it will be higher now. And then there's the retro fitting of black boxes for cheaper insurance. So it's quite a number.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think the difference is Teslas periodically live stream the data back to the manufacturer, including video footage of the driver. Tesla then keep that footage. It can't be turned off by the user. Any other car you can just remove the SIM if you wanted.

80% of new cars might not be most of the cars on the road.

Of course the cynical me is curious as to why the data tesla has on you is more intrusive than the data already out there being used about you. You know, the data you give permission for whenever you go online, buy something with a card, phone, watch or other means. When you use your club card, nectar card or other loyalty card. When you sign up to streaming services. When you sign up to forums even potentially like this one. When you join organisations.

I know someone who tried to sign up to Facebook anonymously. That worked well. They immediately got recommended a load of contacts they knew from all parts of their life past and present. It was scary how much Facebook knew about them.

So I wonder if it's just tesla and musk that's the issue not the data or are you really concerned about data companies have on you?

Top Bottom