Two REEAALLYYY old bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks similar, but the lamp bracket isn't quite right, and the dimples at the top of the front fork.
That's from '36, the following year, just to give an idea of the price back then.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a LYCETT saddle on ebay at over £100!!

And I don't think the ladies is a Raliegh. The heron is missing from the chainset. And you're missing the chainguard.

Does the light still work?

scarygerbil

the lamp on the gents looks like a ww2 black out lamp with the cover removed so could be a war issue rubber pedals would put it early or pre was is my guess

And I don't think the ladies is a Raliegh. The heron is missing from the chainset. And you're missing the chainguard.

Does the light still work?
What do you reckon it might be if not a Raleigh?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I can't see that one (Lycett also made motorcycle saddles which clutters searches, plus there are modern replicas for less than £10) but I think to achieve that, it'll need to be one of the horsehair padded ones with all clips, rivets and badges intact and nothing more than surface rust on the spring web.

classic33

Leg End Member
I can't see that one (Lycett also made motorcycle saddles which clutters searches, plus there are modern replicas for less than £10) but I think to achieve that, it'll need to be one of the horsehair padded ones with all clips, rivets and badges intact and nothing more than surface rust on the spring web.
They started out making saddles for horses.

Top Bottom