Tyre advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoMeR

Über Member
I have been looking for new tyres for my hybrid bike and came across the Fincci brand, 700x38 with puncture protection, has anyone anything to say about these?.

Sharky

Guru
I've never heard of them.
Do you have a link?

OP
OP
R

RoMeR

Über Member
They keep the wheel rim off the ground and allow the bike to roll forward...barely. Heavy and draggy, youd need a real grudge against enjoying a ride to use these.
Thanks for that, was just trying to save money, think I'll buy the Marathons again, the 35's have been brilliant, no punctures but now worn.

weareHKR

I have been looking for new tyres for my hybrid bike and came across the Fincci brand, 700x38 with puncture protection, has anyone anything to say about these?.
No harm in giving them a try for that money, tread pattern doesn't matter a tinkers tbh.
Worth a trial & report back on how they perform or not as the case may be, people in here tend to be wary about trying anything other than the norm... :okay:

Marathons are a known quantity and dependable. You might save a few Bob with cheap tyres but you’ll be cursing them every time you have to mend a puncture.

Another tyre you could consider is Continental Tour Ride, comparable to Marathons.
https://www.continental-tires.com/bicycle/tires/urban-tour/ride-tour
I have the COntinental on my back wheel - got a few punctures so I have gone back to Marathons when the front tyre wore out
Also I have to say that when I checked there were several other thorns embedded on the rear tyre that the protection had stopped.

Top Bottom